ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surinder Singh route for Jamaican Husband

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

London ChYck
Newly Registered

Surinder Singh route for Jamaican Husband

Post by London ChYck » Tue May 12, 2015 12:44 pm

Hi,

I need some help, after a long, arduous and frustrating fight with the UKBA (or whatever they've been rebranded as) we lost my Jamaican Husband's Settlement Visa Appeal last week on the grounds that they didn't believe our marriage was genuine and subsisting. We've now decided to try the Surinder Singh Route and I will be going over to Ireland in August once I've sorted myself out in the UK providing my Husband can get a Visa issued so he can join me.

I need to know:

1) What supporting documents we need to submit with his application?

2) Will the previous refusal affect his chances of being issued a visa?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I need to get this done quickly.

Thanks.

SoHopeful

Re: Surinder Singh route for Jamaican Husband

Post by SoHopeful » Wed May 13, 2015 10:13 am

I'm sorry to hear that - I've not heard of any refusals from Jamaica in a while now.
You will need to mention previous refusals on any form that asks about immigration history but I am not sure how/if that will affect an application for a family permit.

Are you aware of the process for the Surinder Singh route?
This site may be of use to get your head around the stages/requirements: http://surinder-singh-route.info/

On 1st Jan 2014, the United Kingdom implemented a ‘Centre of Life‘ test. When you apply for your EEA Family Permit the UK Goverment expect you to demonstrate that your centre of life has transferred to the host member state. Please note that this only applies to the British citizen and there is no legal requirement for the non-EU’s centre of life to transfer.