ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unsuccessful Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kalmefrnd

Unsuccessful Application

Post by kalmefrnd » Wed May 13, 2015 10:10 am

Hi,
I recently applied for the naturalization through NCS. for the proof of English language I submitted grade A1 certificate. I did not notice that the Home office now require level B1certificate.
They have sent me a letter stating that my application is rejected.
I have now booked My English language test for level B1. Is their any chance for the home office to re consider my application or do I need to apply once again as a fresh application ?

Kindly help me with this issue ASAP.
Thanks in advance
Regards
Deepa

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Unsuccessful Application

Post by CR001 » Wed May 13, 2015 10:20 am

If you got your ILR in February 2014 (per your previous posts), you would have been required to prove English in that application at level B1.

What English proof did you submit with your ILR application?

The AN form and guidance clearly state B1, don't see how you or NCS missed that what you submitted was not correct.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tier1o

Post by tier1o » Wed May 13, 2015 9:54 pm

CR001 wrote:If you got your ILR in February 2014 (per your previous posts), you would have been required to prove English in that application at level B1.
If he got ILR after 28th Oct 2013, he don't need to take another test? so his ILR approval date is the deciding factor.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu May 14, 2015 7:37 am

Have you got a degree that was taught in Englsih? If not, take the B1 test (and LIUK if not already done) and submit that with a reconsideration form and £80. See if they're willing to reconsider the case.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

kalmefrnd

Post by kalmefrnd » Mon May 18, 2015 8:09 am

Hi,

I provided A1 certificate. I somehow missed to notice that B1 is required. Even the NCS did not tell me that when I submitted my documents. I have now cleared my B1 and waiting for the certificate which I would get in next 5 days. Can I send the certificate to home office and ask them to re consider? Will they re consider my application or do I have to apply again as a fresh application paying a heavy amount again? I was also not in town when the home office sent me a letter stating my application is rejected.

Kindly help me

Thanks in advance
Deepa

kalmefrnd

Post by kalmefrnd » Mon May 18, 2015 8:13 am

I was not in town when the home office sent me a letter stating that my application is rejected.
I have now cleared my B1 and waiting for the certificate which I would get in next 5 days. Can I send the certificate to home office and ask them to re consider? Will they re consider my application or do I have to apply again as a fresh application paying a heavy amount again?
Kindly help me

Thanks in advance
Deepa

WR1

Post by WR1 » Mon May 18, 2015 4:23 pm

How did you obtain your ILR. For ILR, you would have needed English at Level B1. There is an option is Form AN that allows you to tick a box stating English already demonstrated for ILR after 28 October 2013. Do you not use this option?
Why submit Level A1 when Level B1 is required and you would have already demonstrated this for ILR.

You haven't answered the moderators question (CR001) above and instead have started a new thread asking the exact same question. We are here to help but it will be difficult to answer if you are ignoring simple information being asked for.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

kalmefrnd

Post by kalmefrnd » Mon May 18, 2015 5:24 pm

I submitted my application for ILR in Sept 2014. The ILR was issued in Feb 2014 and I submitted A1. I did not notice the changes and I am worried on how to go about this issue.

Thanks
Deepa

WR1

Post by WR1 » Mon May 18, 2015 6:21 pm

kalmefrnd wrote:I submitted my application for ILR in Sept 2014. The ILR was issued in Feb 2014 and I submitted A1. I did not notice the changes and I am worried on how to go about this issue.

Thanks
There are no changes and the requirement for ILR is English B1. Application for ILR would not have succeeded without it unless the case worker has made an error and incorrectly issued ILR with the A1 test.

Are you sure you submitted the A1 test for ILR in September 2014? Is this the same test you used again for BC?
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 19, 2015 2:23 am

kalmefrnd wrote:I submitted my application for ILR in Sept 2014. The ILR was issued in Feb 2014 and I submitted A1. I did not notice the changes and I am worried on how to go about this issue.

Thanks
Did you mean you submitted your ILR application in Sept 2013?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

kalmefrnd

Post by kalmefrnd » Tue May 19, 2015 7:02 am

So sorry... I sent my application in 2013 not 2014...
Deepa

kalmefrnd

Post by kalmefrnd » Tue May 19, 2015 7:03 am

Yes, Exactly in Sept 2013
Deepa

WR1

Post by WR1 » Tue May 19, 2015 8:19 am

kalmefrnd wrote:Yes, Exactly in Sept 2013
That is where the confusion was, so the ILR was granted before the rule changes in October 2013. I would assume you obtained ILR with LIUK only as there was no requirement to submit English B1 in addition.

If you did indeed submit Level A1 with the BC application, I find it hard to see how it was missed by yourself and the NCS that the requirement is English B1 as this is very clearly stated on the application form.

You could complain to the NCS (where you had your documents checked) having failed to their duties to correctly check the documents before submission.

Unfortunately, the decision is correct and you could try your chances with a reconsideration but in my view, overturning the decision is very very slim. You would have to apply again.

kalmefrnd

Post by kalmefrnd » Wed May 20, 2015 6:48 am

Thank you very much.

Regarding my Life in UK test, I cleared it in Feb 2013. Is this result still valid for me to apply on the grounds of Reconsideration?
Deepa

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed May 20, 2015 7:48 am

Yes. The Life in the UK test doesn't expire.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

kalmefrnd

Post by kalmefrnd » Wed May 20, 2015 8:03 am

Thank you
Deepa

WR1

Post by WR1 » Wed May 20, 2015 8:58 am

kalmefrnd wrote:Thank you very much.

Regarding my Life in UK test, I cleared it in Feb 2013. Is this result still valid for me to apply on the grounds of Reconsideration?
I don't see how this will help. You were not refused on grounds of LIUK but on grounds of not having a English B1.

kalmefrnd

Post by kalmefrnd » Wed May 20, 2015 4:42 pm

Hello,

I have another question regarding my LIfe in UK test Certificate.

I submitted my original certificate at the time of application. And they have not returned this back. Do I need to mention about this when I apply for Re consideration?

Will I need this certificate in future if they do not re consider my application and if I have to apply again?
Deepa

fizzy888
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by fizzy888 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:50 pm

kalmefrnd wrote:Hello,

I have another question regarding my LIfe in UK test Certificate.

I submitted my original certificate at the time of application. And they have not returned this back. Do I need to mention about this when I apply for Re consideration?

Will I need this certificate in future if they do not re consider my application and if I have to apply again?
Yes you will need it if you were to apply in future again..