ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NHS Surcharge

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Bujji1976
Newly Registered

NHS Surcharge

Post by Bujji1976 » Wed May 13, 2015 10:54 am

Hi All,

Could some one please confirm when we have to pay NHS surcharge ?
Along with the application ?
I am applying for Spouse visa in India.

Thanks,
Bujji

singhsaab
Newly Registered

Re: NHS Surcharge

Post by singhsaab » Wed May 13, 2015 11:40 am

Hello bujji1976,

I applied for my wife's spouse visa on 9th April. Although the guidelines and support center say pay the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) along with the application, there is no link on gov.uk to pay the IHS. At least I couldn't find one. Neither did the VFS center where application was submitted said anything about paying the IHS to them, they only charged the application fees.

On 8th May we received email from NEDELVisaInfo@fco.gov.uk asking us to pay the IHS through an embedded link. Followed the link, payed the IHS, replied to email with payment reference and got the visa confirmation the next working day. I think, contrary to the guidelines, they will only ask you to pay the IHS if they intend to grant the visa, or else they will have to issue a refund if they refuse the visa application. They haven't thought this one through, as with a lot of other guidelines, and just started asking for monies.

Suggest if you are submitting through a VFS center confirm with them and submit, or post application and wait for the email.

Good luck!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 13, 2015 11:42 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Bujji1976
Newly Registered

Post by Bujji1976 » Wed May 13, 2015 3:39 pm

So Now,We have to pay online before going to VFS centre ?
or
is it better to wait until we get a mail from Embassy,so that we will come to know Visa is granted (some good News)?

Any one recently applied ???

Thanks,
Bujji

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 13, 2015 6:58 pm

You have to pay online as you need the IHS number before you will be able to submit the application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.