ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PEO Deferred - Caseworker request for Tier extension P60

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bay123
Newly Registered

ILR PEO Deferred - Caseworker request for Tier extension P60

Post by bay123 » Wed May 13, 2015 11:17 am

I apply for ILR. After waiting for 1hr, the casework call me and gave me a letter to send all my employment P60 for tier 1 extension made 3yrs ago. He said after checking with hmrc, the extension income I claim then was higher than what hmrc have.

I worked for two company for just 3 months from September to December. I check with the hmrc and they did not have the detail of the two company on my tax details. hmrc said I should contact the company to resolve it.The problem is the two company are now dissolved and there is no way I could contact them.

The third company was my limited company. I can get p60 for that. The only problem I find out is that the salary showed to the home of was higher than what accountant submitted to the hmrc. Can account amend the paye with hmrc and send the p60 to the home office.

Please urgently need professional advise on what to do

KASHIF830

Re: ILR PEO Deferred - Caseworker request for Tier extension

Post by KASHIF830 » Wed May 13, 2015 11:45 am

bay123 wrote:I apply for ILR. After waiting for 1hr, the casework call me and gave me a letter to send all my employment P60 for tier 1 extension made 3yrs ago. He said after checking with hmrc, the extension income I claim then was higher than what hmrc have.

I worked for two company for just 3 months from September to December. I check with the hmrc and they did not have the detail of the two company on my tax details. hmrc said I should contact the company to resolve it.The problem is the two company are now dissolved and there is no way I could contact them.

The third company was my limited company. I can get p60 for that. The only problem I find out is that the salary showed to the home of was higher than what accountant submitted to the hmrc. Can account amend the paye with hmrc and send the p60 to the home office.

How mamy days caseworker gave you to submit P60s?

Thanks
Kashif

A.Khan
Newly Registered

Post by A.Khan » Wed May 13, 2015 11:52 am

Hi !
Can you please clarify that your ILR was on 5year base or 10 year lawful stay ?

bay123
Newly Registered

Post by bay123 » Wed May 13, 2015 11:59 am

A.Khan wrote:Hi !
Applied for ILR based on 5years Tier 1 general

bay123
Newly Registered

Post by bay123 » Wed May 13, 2015 12:00 pm

KASHIF830 wrote:
bay123 wrote:I apply for ILR. After waiting for 1hr, the casework call me and gave me a letter to send all my employment P60 for tier 1 extension made 3yrs ago. He said after checking with hmrc, the extension income I claim then was higher than what hmrc have.

How mamy days caseworker gave you to submit P60s?

Thanks
Kashif
15 days

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 13, 2015 12:00 pm

@bay123 - please click 'post a reply' button at the bottom of the thread to respond and not the 'report this post' post button when replying.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

KASHIF830

Post by KASHIF830 » Wed May 13, 2015 12:02 pm

bay123 wrote:
Hi mate

Ask HMRC ABOUT SA302 and what about Tier 1 General initial application did they also ask about something for that. What about the income you showed in Tier 1 General initial application was also from 3 different sources employments.

Thanks
Regards
Kashif

bay123
Newly Registered

Post by bay123 » Wed May 13, 2015 12:35 pm

KASHIF830 wrote:
bay123 wrote:
Hi mate

Ask HMRC ABOUT SA302 and what about Tier 1 General initial application did they also ask about something for that. What about the income you showed in Tier 1 General initial application was also from 3 different sources employments.

Thanks
Regards
Kashif
The caseworker did not ask for anything on the Initial application.
Hmrc have confirm the two dissolved companies I worked with for 3months did not show on my income record and since they are now closed, there is no way to correct it. Will home office accept that if I explain it in a cover letter.

KASHIF830

Post by KASHIF830 » Wed May 13, 2015 12:52 pm

Hi

If you have payslip with you and can prove that your salary was coming after tax n NI deducted. So it means it is showing only the limited company tax on Paye . Did you also show different sources income in current ILR application. It looks like that others company did not pay tax to HMRC but they took from you.

thanks
kashif

bay123
Newly Registered

Post by bay123 » Wed May 13, 2015 1:07 pm

KASHIF830 wrote:Hi

If you have payslip with you and can prove that your salary was coming after tax n NI deducted. So it means it is showing only the limited company tax on Paye . Did you also show different sources income in current ILR application. It looks like that others company did not pay tax to HMRC but they took from you.

thanks
kashif

Hi Kashif,
I showed only one source income in the ILR application. I need someone to confirm if it is ok to send only the limited company P60. The will account correct his mistake and update the company paye with hmrc to show the exert pay I earned. I don't know how quick it will reflect on my income acct with hmrc.
I really need an advise on and what to write in the cover letter about the 2 other company that did not show on hmrc.

KASHIF830

Post by KASHIF830 » Wed May 13, 2015 1:28 pm

Hi

If you have payslip of those 2 company than you have proof that you paid the tax and also for limited company you have already P60s. By the way how much amount did you show from those 2 company.

Thanks
Regards
Kashif

mnaeem126
inactive

Post by mnaeem126 » Wed May 13, 2015 1:40 pm

If you dont have P60 for the two companies for the extension year, you should send the payslips showing the gross and net income which you claimed. If your employer at that time has deducted the tax then it is his responsibility to pay to HMRC. At least you have proof in payslips that you have paid tax on your employment income. Secondly, you have not shown the employment income from all sources when you filed tax returns that is why HMRC could not know about your employment income and on the other hand your employer has not paid anything to HMRC, what I have perceived.

You can amend tax return if they are within 12 months period from financial year ending date. If it is older as in your case 2 or 3 years then you have to write to HMRC to amend the tax return as soon as possible with special delivery telling all your income from all sources and pay the increased liability if there is any. You can check with some companies like TaxAssisst who use the HMRC software directly linked to HMRC to do it in notime, or at least your accountant and send payslips to home office showing your total gross and net income for that year and tell home office that you were not given any p60 from those employers.
Last edited by mnaeem126 on Wed May 13, 2015 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

grace4drace
Newly Registered

Post by grace4drace » Wed May 13, 2015 1:43 pm

bay123 wrote:
KASHIF830 wrote:Hi

thanks
kashif

Hi Kashif,
I showed only one source income in the ILR application. I need someone to confirm if it is ok to send only the limited company P60. The will account correct his mistake and update the company paye with hmrc to show the exert pay I earned. I don't know how quick it will reflect on my income acct with hmrc.
I really need an advise on and what to write in the cover letter about the 2 other company that did not show on hmrc.
For your ILR application, did u apply based on employed or self-employed? Have you tried to contact any solicitor, they might be able to give you better advise on what to do.

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Wed May 13, 2015 1:59 pm

looks like the issue is with employment and income tax and NI is not paid by one of the dissolved companies.

The only way I see this getting fixed is by way of a P60 or a P45 after leaving this employment, submitted to HMRC to correct .
But you will need that company' PAYE reference on a letter head of the employer for HMRC to accept or a letter.

KASHIF830

Post by KASHIF830 » Wed May 13, 2015 2:28 pm

Yes It looks like company did not pay the tax to HMRC. Did you submit payslip or company letter as an evidence of earnings was claimed. Friend you have to tell please complete true here so people can advise you rightly otherwise everything will go on assumptions. What Proofs yyou have right now with you about those 2 companies that you have worked for them to show homeoffice because in your post you said home office asked to provide P60s of all employment means you must submit all 3 of them.

Please do not mind I know this time you are do worried but my friend dont worry If you paid tax to the company but they did not pay to HMRC It is not your fault at all.

Thanks
Regards
Kashif

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Wed May 13, 2015 2:31 pm

KASHIF830 wrote:Yes It looks like company did not pay the tax to HMRC. Did you submit payslip or company letter as an evidence of earnings was claimed. Friend you have to tell please complete true here so people can advise you rightly otherwise everything will go on assumptions. What Proofs yyou have right now with you about those 2 companies that you have worked for them to show homeoffice because in your post you said home office asked to provide P60s of all employment means you must submit all 3 of them.

Please do not mind I know this time you are do worried but my friend dont worry If you paid tax to the company but they did not pay to HMRC It is not your fault at all.

Thanks
Regards
Kashif

Not necessarily, its OP responsibility as well to check what you earn annually and pay the right tax using the correct HMRC code no matter employment or self employment. HO will come hard on the applicant , its got nothing to do with the company

KASHIF830

Post by KASHIF830 » Wed May 13, 2015 2:42 pm

argus7 wrote:
KASHIF830 wrote:Yes It looks like company did not pay the tax to HMRC. Did you submit payslip or company letter as an evidence of earnings was claimed. Friend you have to tell please complete true here so people can advise you rightly otherwise everything will go on assumptions. What Proofs yyou have right now with you about those 2 companies that you have worked for them to show homeoffice because in your post you said home office asked to provide P60s of all employment means you must submit all 3 of them.

Thanks
Regards
Kashif

Not necessarily, its OP responsibility as well to check what you earn annually and pay the right tax using the correct HMRC code no matter employment or self employment. HO will come hard on the applicant , its got nothing to do with the company
Yes It also employees responsibility if they dont have P60s they must ask if they dont get p60 after one month of closing year. Before employer had to submit tax of employees end of the year but Now last 2 years Employer must submit tax return by 5th of every month because in past many companies had done scams and did not pay tax but deducted from employees salary. So Now it is very difficult for companies to pay less tax to HMRC on the basis of employment.

Thanks
Regards
Kashif

bay123
Newly Registered

Post by bay123 » Wed May 13, 2015 4:14 pm

Thanks
Regards
Kashif
For the 2 companies, I submitted to the OH payslip, company letter and account statement the salary was paid when I applied for the extension 3yrs ago.
The 3rd company is my Limited company, i can get p60 for that. the account just need to update the paye with hmrc .

KASHIF830

Post by KASHIF830 » Wed May 13, 2015 4:25 pm

bay123 wrote:

Thanks
Regards
Kashif
For the 2 companies, I submitted to the OH payslip, company letter and account statement the salary was paid when I applied for the extension 3yrs ago.
The 3rd company is my Limited company, i can get p60 for that. the account just need to update the paye with hmrc .
Hi

What I do understand for your comments that 2 companies did not pay tax to HMRC but mentioned in your payslips.

And 3rd was your own Limited company which you showed income. BUT you also did not pay tax to HMRC 3 years ago So now you are going to pay your own Limited company tax.

Please correct me if I am wrong But what I understood I reply.

Thanks
Regards
Kashif

bay123
Newly Registered

Post by bay123 » Wed May 13, 2015 4:37 pm

KASHIF830 wrote:
bay123 wrote:

Thanks
Regards
Kashif
Hi

What I do understand for your comments that 2 companies did not pay tax to HMRC but mentioned in your payslips.

And 3rd was your own Limited company which you showed income. BUT you also did not pay tax to HMRC 3 years ago So now you are going to pay your own Limited company tax.

Please correct me if I am wrong But what I understood I reply.

Thanks
Regards
Kashif
@Kashif. Yes, for the 2 companies the tax was deducted and mention on the payslip. hmrc did not have the record at all.
The 3rd company, i was employee in my Limited company and paid tax but there was a gap in the salary hmrc have and the OH. The account is trying to correct that.

bay123
Newly Registered

Post by bay123 » Wed May 13, 2015 4:38 pm

As I just register today, I can not read private message.

KASHIF830

Post by KASHIF830 » Wed May 13, 2015 4:45 pm

bay123 wrote:As I just register today, I can not read private message.
You need to do 10 post to send and get pvt messages so just count how many more need to have 10. Reply everyone' message so you will cross 10 posts :lol:

Thanks
Kashif

bay123
Newly Registered

Post by bay123 » Thu May 14, 2015 4:33 am

Thanks

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Post by aliq09 » Fri May 15, 2015 11:58 am

Hi ,

I have been reading your post and have something to say .. it's my best answer and opinion

Your case has been rejected due to the mismatch in income submitted during the extension period and now after checking those income with HMRC . An immediate and right solutions are the SA 302 for the years starting from extension to current date . As this is not quiet simple so the only thing you can do

Your company : SA 302 / CTAX paid , Fanancial accounts covering all 3 years from accountant

1st & 2nd Company : Payslips , Account statements ( extactly showing the payslip amount credited with company name) , get the proof companies has been finished as per HMRC record.

As previosuly said it's your responsibility to check in the end that the tax has been paid during the fanancial year but with above documents in hand , you can show that it's not my 100% fault . I will be saying to go to good solicitor as well before putting any case.

Good Luck!
Thanks

Ali

jayacpr
Member of Standing
India

Post by jayacpr » Fri May 15, 2015 2:24 pm

let us know , whats the outcome of your application !!!! @bay123