ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK test rundown

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

immi.grant
Newly Registered

Life in the UK test rundown

Post by immi.grant » Thu May 14, 2015 6:58 am

Hi all,

I have been using immigrationboards.com for a while now and thought I'll post something about my experience about life in the UK test.

I started test preparation 3 weeks before the test date. I read the official book for 1 hour everyday. That took me about 4 days. While reading the book it helps to make notes about important topics, dates and people. After going through the book, I took up the test from the official test book and other sites on the internet. It was very useful to take these mock tests. The time taken to complete tests started falling from 12 minutes to 4 minutes. While taking the mock tests, it is useful to make a note of all the questions and answers that you get wrong. I took mock tests for 10 days and made a note of all the important topics where I was answering wrong. The last week before the test I read through the official book and took one test everyday. By the day of the test I was completing all the mock tests in about 4 minutes.

On the day of the test, I read through the notes I had made all along my study period and took 2 tests from the official tests book. I turned up at the test location and completed the required formalities. The test started and all the preparation had left with me sufficient information to pick out the answers without looking at the options. I finished the test in about 5 minutes. This included reading through the instructions and answering the sample questions.

After I came out of the test room, I was told I had passed the test and I had a printout in hand to confirm the same. In summary, there is some preparation needed to pass the test but it can be easily done.

All the best to people taking the test.

s1344678

Re: Life in the UK test rundown

Post by s1344678 » Fri May 15, 2015 1:06 pm

Might be useful for other people looking to pass the life in the UK test.

You can read the complete summary of dates/history - https://lifeintheuktests.co.uk/study-ma ... key-facts/

Note:The official test is not very heavy on dates. Yes there is some history, but you are not very likely to get asked to pinpoint a date etc.

You could read a few comments about the test and other experiences, tips and official questions on https://lifeintheuktests.co.uk/life-in-the-uk-test-1/ , under the actual test.