ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS sent Original LIUK Test to UKVI

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

smartkhan
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

NCS sent Original LIUK Test to UKVI

Post by smartkhan » Thu May 14, 2015 3:25 pm

Hi,

I applied through Bracknell NCS on 05/05/2015. The lady said we need to send the original LIUK test. So she gave me the photo copy and sent the original to UKVI. Is it normal?

hellonewhere

Re: NCS sent Original LIUK Test to UKVI

Post by hellonewhere » Thu May 14, 2015 3:30 pm

smartkhan wrote:Hi,

I applied through Bracknell NCS on 05/05/2015. The lady said we need to send the original LIUK test. So she gave me the photo copy and sent the original to UKVI. Is it normal?
yes, I think so.
And it is the Home Office's policy to keep it as well once your application is granted.
That's what my letter said anyway.

smartkhan
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by smartkhan » Thu May 14, 2015 3:32 pm

hellonewhere wrote: yes, I think so.
And it is the Home Office's policy to keep it as well once your application is granted.
Actually my friend applied today in Hammersmith NCS and they returned his original LIUK test. So it looks different NCS offices have different information.

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Thu May 14, 2015 3:38 pm

smartkhan wrote:
hellonewhere wrote: yes, I think so.
Actually my friend applied today in Hammersmith NCS and they returned his original LIUK test. So it looks different NCS offices have different information.
Ah okay. Mine the Home Office kept it and didn't return back.
The approval letter mentioned that it's the home office's policy to keep it once the application is granted!

WR1

Post by WR1 » Thu May 14, 2015 5:08 pm

The question is does one still require the LIUK pass notification letter beyond obtaining Citizenship. After all, people do the LIUK for ILR/BC purposes and it is not generally required beyond obtaining BC.

I would make a copy before submitting any application just for reference purposes.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

sak20099
- thin ice -

Post by sak20099 » Thu May 14, 2015 5:26 pm

In my case also NCS sent original and gave me copy of LIKU

smartkhan
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by smartkhan » Fri May 15, 2015 10:14 am

WR1 wrote:The question is does one still require the LIUK pass notification letter beyond obtaining Citizenship.
Hopefully not.

sanky_001

Post by sanky_001 » Fri May 15, 2015 10:28 am

smartkhan wrote:Hi,

Yes indeed. This is what the officer who did my NCS at Newham said:

Original LIUK has to be sent to UKVI. UKVI will not accept a photo copy.

UKVI will return the original LIUK back to the applicant if the application is refused.

If its approved, then UKVI retains the original LIUK as there will be no need for it in future.

Thatz why the officer at the NCS gave me a photocopy of LIUK just in case.

Hope this helps !