ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visitor visa rejected for In laws..

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Psuk
Newly Registered

Family visitor visa rejected for In laws..

Post by Psuk » Thu May 14, 2015 4:36 pm

Hi

My Mother-in-law and Sister-in-law apply for family visitor visa from Pakistan and it was rejected on 6 may 2015.My wife is expecting our second baby in july and we want them to be here with us at this time.

We are going to re-apply for the visa because me and my wife will need them during her delivery time.Can anyone please advise me that what can i do to make sure that they will not reject it next time.

One of the reasons of rejection is they think if we are asking my mother-in -law to look after my wife and children so it's a employment either paid or unpaid and they don't allow it on visitor visa and they will not go back to Pakistan after that.We have no intention of anything like this,why on earth we do that.It's just as normal that my wife will need her mother at her delivery time.

They reject the visa on following reasons.I am attaching the pictures of their refusal letters.Please help me urgently in this situation.
IMG2.jpg
IMG2.jpg (399.29 KiB) Viewed 11490 times
IMG1.jpg
IMG1.jpg (295.18 KiB) Viewed 11490 times

edwinuk

Re: Family visitor visa rejected for In laws..

Post by edwinuk » Thu May 14, 2015 5:08 pm

Firstly, mentioning about asking someone to come over to the UK to help you on something have always been a no-no. Unfortunately, since you have now mentioned this it will be very difficult to change it now which would mean your next application will likely be refused as well.

Secondly, always back everything you mention especially if its about money with documents i.e. bank statements, remittance slips to avoid doubts.

Now unfortunately, in this case you will have a very very slim chance that your next application will be considered.

Note: You already mentioned about looking after or help look after the baby when its born. You cannot change this on the next application as it will be questioned again. You can write a cover letter explaining anything but it will now be looked as if you are changing your story and they will be very sceptical and will take more than a letter to convince them otherwise.

I might be wrong though as I am not an expert but knowing and after reading so many forums the last few months I got an idea how heartless these people are.

My advice, let it pass and wait a few months or after the baby is born and reapply. Else I really think you'll waste your money. But again, I am not an expert.

Psuk
Newly Registered

Post by Psuk » Sun May 17, 2015 11:07 pm

Thanks for your reply.

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Mon May 18, 2015 12:29 pm

edwinuk wrote:Firstly, mentioning about asking someone to come over to the UK to help you on something have always been a no-no. Unfortunately, since you have now mentioned this it will be very difficult to change it now which would mean your next application will likely be refused as well.

Secondly, always back everything you mention especially if its about money with documents i.e. bank statements, remittance slips to avoid doubts.

Now unfortunately, in this case you will have a very very slim chance that your next application will be considered.

Note: You already mentioned about looking after or help look after the baby when its born. You cannot change this on the next application as it will be questioned again. You can write a cover letter explaining anything but it will now be looked as if you are changing your story and they will be very sceptical and will take more than a letter to convince them otherwise.

I might be wrong though as I am not an expert but knowing and after reading so many forums the last few months I got an idea how heartless these people are.

My advice, let it pass and wait a few months or after the baby is born and reapply. Else I really think you'll waste your money. But again, I am not an expert.
You should definitely try and apply again and not appeal.

You can address the pregnancy and looking after first child issue by providing the following evidence.

Does your wife work? If yes, its good, you can provide a letter from her employer confirming her maternity leave options.

With regards to your first child. Does he/she go to a nursery? or have other childcare arrangments? If yes, you could get a letter confirming this.

If you can manage to sort out the above, write in a cover letter saying you were misunderstood in the previous application. You mother in law/mother is coming to provide emotional support and to share the joy of the birth of the child. I would also write it as emotional as I can, you could mention that you do not have any other family members in the UK (if that is the case) and its been so long since you all met in person. So it is very important for you to have close family members to celebrate the birth of the baby. Mention that you have now provided the evidence to show that your wife has paid maternity leave and also have childcare arrangements for the first child.

With regards to appearance of funds in your mother's account, you have to make sure everything is sourced correctly. A sudden appearance of funds without any evidence is always alarming for the caseworker. even if it is borrowed money, you should mention this clearly and show evidence.

Hope this help.

Psuk
Newly Registered

Post by Psuk » Mon May 18, 2015 4:47 pm

Thanks vignezh.

That sounds much better approach. Yes my daughter go to nursery and potentially I can arrange some formal documentation for child minder (near birth time).

I sent money in her account before application was made. However, I did supply copy of receipt of remittance and clarify why I sent that money. It was mentioned in my letter and also in visa application. That was for her immediate travel need. I am sure this can be explained.

My questions for you are
1. Do I need supply all documents (as it will be a new application) again because my bank statements may be older than 28 days.
2. Gerry's karachi (Pakiatan) told my mother-in-law that they do not need sponsor original documents. Do you come across that sort of instructions? if this is the case then i will send all documents via email. that will cut some more days.
3. I also applied visa for my sister-in-law (she is 13) to come along with her mother. Is there any draw back of that or shall i reapply for her?
4. In the last application i supplied my letter (sponsor letter)and a letter from wife. It looks like they have not bothered to read my letter and just saw my wife letter. However, all places i mentioned that I am the sponsor of application including visa application.

Any input from you on this will be great.

Regards

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Mon May 18, 2015 4:59 pm

Psuk wrote:Thanks vignezh.

That sounds much better approach. Yes my daughter go to nursery and potentially I can arrange some formal documentation for child minder (near birth time).

I sent money in her account before application was made. However, I did supply copy of receipt of remittance and clarify why I sent that money. It was mentioned in my letter and also in visa application. That was for her immediate travel need. I am sure this can be explained.

My questions for you are
1. Do I need supply all documents (as it will be a new application) again because my bank statements may be older than 28 days. You will need to supply documents again unfortunately as you said it needs be less than a month old, if you were to appeal, you wont have to, but you have some clear holes to plug here. hence new application
2. Gerry's karachi (Pakiatan) told my mother-in-law that they do not need sponsor original documents. Do you come across that sort of instructions? if this is the case then i will send all documents via email. that will cut some more days. I do not know who Gerry's is, assuming it is an agency. Regardless, you have to submit original copies of documents wherever possible. Try DHL, they deliver docs within a couple of days for £35 or so
3. I also applied visa for my sister-in-law (she is 13) to come along with her mother. Is there any draw back of that or shall i reapply for her? If you have the funds and she is on holiday (need to be confirmed by the school/institute in a letter. I don't see any issue
4. In the last application i supplied my letter (sponsor letter)and a letter from wife. It looks like they have not bothered to read my letter and just saw my wife letter. However, all places i mentioned that I am the sponsor of application including visa application. Each time I have invited family over on visits, both myself and wife signed wrote a joint letter. You could try and same and both you and wife can sign the letter.

Any input from you on this will be great.

Regards

edwinuk

Post by edwinuk » Tue May 19, 2015 10:56 am

Just be very very clear and make your point about you being "misunderstood" on your previous application.

Do note that you already mentioned about the "visitors" looking after your wife during and after childbirth as stated on their refusal which was probably mentioned by the applicant on their previous application. This is something that you will have to stress out and explain clearly - Not sure how you would do it but think that they now have that reason to reject again if they aren't satisfied with your explanation.

-Do not change the purpose of the visit but rather just tell them and explain that you were misunderstood as suggested by Vignesh. If you change or do not clarify this on your next application, they will more likely think that you have changed your story and is now lying as they will look into the reasons of the previous refusal.

-Address the money discrepancies on the previous refusal and provide proofs.

Again I cannot stress enough the importance of clarifying the purpose of their visit. It should be very clear that they are to spend time with you guys and not family to come to the UK to assist on child birth. But you have to do it in a way explaining the reasons of refusal previously at the same time. You'd think that it should be ok for them to assist but these ECO's are heartless.

farza
Newly Registered

Post by farza » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:53 pm

Hi
I am expecting my second baby in early january and i want to invite my mother from pakistan
Plz advice which documents i need to show and my mother needs to show
Mother documents:
• Pkr 700000 in bank
account for a month
• owned house property and it is rented
• living with parents and look after them
•employment , 6 months pay slips and tax return

From here dicuments are
Daughter on ilr status
Self employed
Recent tax return of 4500£
Bank statment : 4000 £ and other 2000£