ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time period for issuing Unrestricted COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ollydsl
Newly Registered

Time period for issuing Unrestricted COS

Post by ollydsl » Thu May 14, 2015 7:05 pm

Hello Guys, my employer has applied for 1 unrestricted cos for my extension of tier2 General on 1st of May (as we were not issued any cos this year). But we haven’t received one yet, wanted to know what the time frame is as my visa is expiring on 6th June 2015.
Any Info on will be much appreciated, Thanks.

snoopyPOO
Newly Registered
India

Re: Time period for issuing Unrestricted COS

Post by snoopyPOO » Fri May 15, 2015 8:43 am

ollydsl wrote:Hello Guys, my employer has applied for 1 unrestricted cos for my extension of tier2 General on 1st of May (as we were not issued any cos this year). But we haven’t received one yet, wanted to know what the time frame is as my visa is expiring on 6th June 2015.
Any Info on will be much appreciated, Thanks.
Hi there,

Im not too sure if they are working through a backlog, but it took 1.5 months to get my U-Cos allocated to my sponsor. It was applied for on the 9th of April, and only came through yesterday.
Hope that helps with a timeframe.

dialectic

Post by dialectic » Sun May 17, 2015 11:23 am

That's bad news. I am on a similar situation. My company submitted a request on May 14th and I need to apply before June 15th - Any other person with a similar experience? Any ideas about how to speed up the process?

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Mon May 18, 2015 10:00 am

if you need it urgently, give them a call or email them and say we need it urgently as the migrants's leave is expiring and he needs to extend.

dialectic

Post by dialectic » Mon May 18, 2015 1:07 pm

Thanks for the reply iworker.

While requesting the allocations, the company sent a request through SMS stating that it was urgent due to business commitments and projects that need to be attended asap in order to avoid any impact on the business.

Should I ask them to follow with an email reinforcing the reasons stated above or switch to reasons regarding the expire of my leave? (I am actually switching employers and waiting for a curtailment letter, so the leave expiry date is not that clear, the reasons are company related ones)

Should they send my details to UKVI when emailing them if they state on an email that they need the allocation due to my leave being cut short?

Thanks again. Really appreciate the help

ollydsl
Newly Registered

Post by ollydsl » Tue May 19, 2015 8:10 pm

Great News Guys, Received COS today :D
Hope rest of the process goes smooth..
Thank you all for your help.

dialectic

Post by dialectic » Wed May 20, 2015 8:30 pm

Great News Guys, Received COS today :D
Hope rest of the process goes smooth..
Thank you all for your help.
Best of luck mate. Wanted to ask if the company requested the CoS on an urgent basis (?) - Hopefully you will get your extension without any issue.