ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accommodation provided by a relative

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ftse100

Accommodation provided by a relative

Post by ftse100 » Thu May 14, 2015 8:54 pm

Dear All

I am sure this question must have been asked several times but unfortunately i couldn't find it on the forum.

I am in process of making an application for a spouse visa and got one last thing left which is to sort out the accommodation. I am British and wife is non EEA and we have a 2 months old baby. I am planning to live with my uncle who has one room to spare in his 4 bedroom house. There are already 4 people living in the house including uncle auntie and their 2 children. Children are above 15 year of age and stay in their separate rooms. My questions are:

1- What are the accommodation requirements by the UKVI for a couple and one 2 months old child I mean will one room be enough to fulfill as accommodation or there has to be more than one bedroom for the above people? My Uncle will write a sponsor letter mentioning that we will be allowed to use living-room and other common areas of the house.

2- If my uncle does not want to take any rent from us or sign any tenancy agreement then in that case what other documents do we need except property survey report and sponsor letter from my uncle?

I would appreciate your help.

AA

Rayking

Re: Accommodation provided by a relative

Post by Rayking » Thu May 14, 2015 9:11 pm

A room should be ok for you and 2 months old baby is counted as "0" for immigration purpose. If he's not taken rent from you, then he will need to provide a letter stating he's happy to have you live there, he will need to provide the property deeds and mortgage statements. Because he's your uncle, he might need to prove how you're related has well.
If he's going to collect rent, you'll need letter stating you and wife are allowed to stay in the house, the tenancy agreement and to avoid any doubt, you might need to do inspection reports as well, so they don't question if the house is overcrowded or not.

ftse100

Post by ftse100 » Thu May 14, 2015 9:17 pm

Rayking, thank you very much for the quick response.

He is my wife's real uncle from her father side. How can I prove that she has a relationship? I mean she has but how can I do that?

Regards

AA

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu May 14, 2015 9:30 pm

Rayking has given you good advice, but I don't believe you'll need to prove the relationship, considering even friends are able to provide accommodation.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ftse100

Post by ftse100 » Thu May 14, 2015 9:38 pm

Thanks Casa

I mean if there was some way to prove the relationship, I would do that. If a mother or father offer free accommodation then it's easier to prove the relationship.

Regards

AA

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu May 14, 2015 9:55 pm

I can't see that you would need to prove the relationship, but as advised by Rayking ensure you submit the evidence of property ownership + letter from your uncle confirming that you can live there with exclusive use of the room. Also evidence that the property won't be subject to overcrowding if you are living there.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ftse100

Post by ftse100 » Thu May 14, 2015 10:18 pm

Much appreciated Casa and Rayking.