ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Extension-Error in Salary on unsed U-Cos

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

snoopyPOO
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 Extension-Error in Salary on unsed U-Cos

Post by snoopyPOO » Fri May 15, 2015 9:53 am

Hi all,

I'm in a bit of a sticky situation and I hope that someone can give me a clear picture of things.

Sequence of events:
- I initially applied for a Tier 2 extension via the premium service on 01Apr15. However that was rejected due to the fact that my sponsor had given me their licence number, and hadn't put in a cos request for me (yes, I know.. ridiculous)
- On 02Apr15, my sponsor used their 1 allocation to assign a U-Cos to me, however I realised that they had used the wrong job code, and therefore salary. That U-Cos had to be cancelled.
- On 09Apr15, my sponsor put in an additional U-Cos allocation request.
- 14May15, the UCos was allocated.
- On the 14th of May 15, my sponsor assigned a new updated cos to me. However once again they made a mistake on the basis that they put my salary down as £30,000 (using a job code of 3545). This was because based on the old Codes of Practice (pre 06Apr15), that salary would have satisfied an experienced workers minimum salary. However based on the newly updated Codes of Practice, the minimum salary for an experienced worker for job code 3545 should be £31,250 (pro rated to 37.5hrs/week).

I communicated this to my sponsor. They followed on by ringing the sponsorship helpline who recommended adding a "Sponsor note" saying the salary had been increased to £31,250. Apparently salary corrections are not classified as a major amendment. The sponsor has also agreed to provide a new and updated offer letter stating the same (salary and work hours), ad well as contract to reflect the same - both of which I plan to take with me to my next appointment on Tuesday the 19th of May.

I would like clarification if the above amendments and supporting documentation will be acceptable.

Would really appreciate the help.

Thanks
S

snoopyPOO
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 2 Extension-Error in Salary on unsed U-Cos

Post by snoopyPOO » Fri May 15, 2015 11:57 am

Apologies, title should state "unused U-cos".

snoopyPOO
Newly Registered
India

Post by snoopyPOO » Fri May 15, 2015 9:06 pm

hi all
Would really appreciate a response on this. Manci or any other people which more of a knowledge on these matters.. Please do get back in touch.

Thanks
S

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sat May 16, 2015 12:31 pm

the SOC code cannot be changed by a sponsor note but there is no restriction on changing the salary.

see p42:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _11_14.pdf

Ask the sponsor to print out and give you a copy of the CoS incl. the sponsor note they have added and check it.