ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

deportation and stamping on passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pnanda007
Newly Registered

deportation and stamping on passport

Post by pnanda007 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:15 pm

this question is specifically for victoria-registered immigration consultant- if someone working illegally is found by homeofficials and deported --will there be any notification or stamp on the passport of the person who was deported.

pnanda007
Newly Registered

Re: deportation and stamping on passport

Post by pnanda007 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:05 pm

please advise

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:49 pm

Please don't address questions directly to me.

Please understand that I have a job so cannot always reply swiftly.

Please do not bump posts like this - it is EXTREMELY rude.

Whether the person was deported or removed, there will be a record of this in his immigration file, and it will affect future applications, even if there is no physical stamp on his passport.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

pnanda007
Newly Registered

Post by pnanda007 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:26 pm

with due respect to you victoria, i apologise. I am really sorry. Thank you for your opinion. Also finally if the same person is deported back to his home country, will it affect in anyway applying for countries outside eu. the person concerned does not have any criminal convictions, extremely well behaved and pays taxes and i will never irritate you victoria. i do have high respect for you.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:35 pm

No need to grovel...she is just another person volunteering advice among others,maybe a little more experienced.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:46 am

There is a difference between being deported (usually after criminal offences) and being removed. Records are kept of both, but the consequences are different.

Some of the rest of us are also slightly irritated at such a question being directed only to one member of the board, wonderful though Victoria is, others of us also know our immigration arse from our elbow!
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

pnanda007
Newly Registered

Post by pnanda007 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:30 am

i think i am now in the hotsoup with the way i am asking questions to a particular person. i am sorry to every senior member of this forum. i need to improve social manners. can i ask the question to any please:

if the same person is deported / removed back to his home country, will it affect in anyway applying for countries outside eu. the person concerned does not have any criminal convictions, extremely well behaved and pays taxes .

pnanda007
Newly Registered

Post by pnanda007 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:51 am

i mean to say will the other countries know about this like when applying for USA

pnanda007
Newly Registered

Post by pnanda007 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:38 am

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:00 am

pnanda007 wrote:i mean to say will the other countries know about this like when applying for USA
I don't know the answer to that: it depends how well co-ordinated the international protocols are, but I suspect not if the person has been removed for an immigration offence rather than for any other reason.

However, some countries' visa application forms (but not all) do ask about deportations, removals and refusals of entry for other countries. It's always best not to lie on these sorts of forms and if in doubt to take relevant legal advice.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:03 pm

avjones wrote:
Some of the rest of us are also slightly irritated at such a question being directed only to one member of the board, wonderful though Victoria is, others of us also know our immigration arse from our elbow!
Absolutely! Many know more than me and have relevant experience which may be more helpful than my theoretical advice.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!