ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General - working from home

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Tier 2 General - working from home

Post by VirtualWaver » Sat May 16, 2015 1:20 pm

Hi guys,

Will appreciate if any of you could advise on this please.

As our company supports clients from different countries I am doing shift work, that is I work from home every other week either overnight or on early hours.

My colleague however is planning to go on paternity leave, so company wants me to work from home all the time until my colleague will back to work. This means I will work from home all the time, covering either nights or early hours. My salary, conditions, etc won't change at all (I will even get more money for additional overtime shifts).

My question please: is it a problem with UKBA that I will work from home for some time (probably a couple of months)? Does my HR need to notify UKBA that I will start work from home or not as my actual workplace won't change? Thanks a lot!

shahzaam
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 General - working from home

Post by shahzaam » Sun May 17, 2015 12:18 pm

Don't get confused

No, I don't think so, you need to tell UKBA as your conditions of work are not changing.

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Sun May 17, 2015 2:06 pm

Thanks a lot! So they just need to update it in SMS and that's it?

FaeLLe
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by FaeLLe » Fri May 22, 2015 9:59 am

Technically your employer is supposed to notify UkBA when your work location changes but in practice this is seldom followed.

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Fri May 29, 2015 1:03 pm

Thanks a lot for your help!

One more question please: what if I just work from home every other week, that is 2 weeks each month? Employment conditions will be the same, no changes at all. Does the HR need to update anything in SMS in this case, or leave it as it is? A bit tricky, didn't find a specific information about this. Will highly appreciate your help. Thanks!