ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Less than 6 months with same employer

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Emmie80
Newly Registered

Less than 6 months with same employer

Post by Emmie80 » Mon May 18, 2015 1:07 pm

Hello All,
Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.
I went to the UK Visa website, but I am not satisfied that I found the correct answer.
This forum has always been helpful in the past, so I thought I would give it a go.

The minimum financial requirement for my husband to bring me and our daughter to the UK is GBP 22,400.

My husband just got a new job two months ago, so we cannot apply under "same employer for six months" category.
Instead, we will have to show the income for the past 12 months.

His income for the last 12 months is as such:
from March - May 2015 the income was at the rate of GPB 34,000/year
from November 2014 - March 2015 the income was at the rate of GBP 24,000 /year.
from June 2014-November 2014 the income was at the rate of GBO 21,000/year.

Once I average all these, his income for the last 12 months is approximately GBP 25,000, which meets the required amount of GBP 22,400. However, I am worried about the months in which he made GBP 21,000.

Will the UK government take into consideration the average of all income for the past 12 motnhs (GBP 25,000), or will they reject us because my husband made only GBP 21,000 in the beginning of the year (which does not meet the financial requirement)?

Thanks so much! We have been waiting for over six years to be together and we want to get this show on the road already :D

Rayking

Re: Less than 6 months with same employer

Post by Rayking » Tue May 19, 2015 11:22 am

Emmie80 wrote:Hello All,
Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.
I went to the UK Visa website, but I am not satisfied that I found the correct answer.
This forum has always been helpful in the past, so I thought I would give it a go.

The minimum financial requirement for my husband to bring me and our daughter to the UK is GBP 22,400.

My husband just got a new job two months ago, so we cannot apply under "same employer for six months" category.
Instead, we will have to show the income for the past 12 months.

His income for the last 12 months is as such:
from March - May 2015 the income was at the rate of GPB 34,000/year
from November 2014 - March 2015 the income was at the rate of GBP 24,000 /year.
from June 2014-November 2014 the income was at the rate of GBO 21,000/year.

Once I average all these, his income for the last 12 months is approximately GBP 25,000, which meets the required amount of GBP 22,400. However, I am worried about the months in which he made GBP 21,000.

Will the UK government take into consideration the average of all income for the past 12 motnhs (GBP 25,000), or will they reject us because my husband made only GBP 21,000 in the beginning of the year (which does not meet the financial requirement)?

Thanks so much! We have been waiting for over six years to be together and we want to get this show on the road already :D
Not very sure how you arrived at those figures but what's important on Cat b is that you meet the financial requirements in the last 12 months and secondly, his present annual income must be equal or greater than 22400 that you need for the application.
on Cat b, it's not about average, just add all your income in the past 12 months to meet the first condition and then your annual income must be stated in your employer's letter to meet second condition.

Emmie80
Newly Registered

Post by Emmie80 » Tue May 19, 2015 1:06 pm

Thank you for your reply.

To answer your question, I got the yearly rates from my husband's employment contracts.
Thank you for clearing up my confusion on how to calculate his income level.
I just have one more question. Do we need to add the monthly income for 12 months before or after taxes?

Thanks again,
Emmie

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Tue May 19, 2015 3:39 pm

Income is before tax.

Emmie80
Newly Registered

Post by Emmie80 » Tue May 19, 2015 6:05 pm

Thank you so much. It is all clear now :)