ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Option in Form AN March 2015 - Knowledge of language

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

palaremzi

New Option in Form AN March 2015 - Knowledge of language

Post by palaremzi » Tue May 19, 2015 2:49 am

March 2015 Form AN provides the following option to claim the English language requirement. On pg 7 it says: "I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013"
I may be wrong, but I think this is the first time they put an option like this in the Form AN.

We've obtained the ILR on Aug 2014 and obviously met the language criterion back then. This coming August we'll be applying for naturalization, so, when filling out the form, I presume, all we have to do is simply tick that option and that would be sufficient to claim the language requirement. Am I understanding this correctly?

Less paperwork is always cool, but I am a bit hesitant about not sending in the language certificates etc. Anyone actually done this?

palaremzi

Re: New Option in Form AN March 2015 - Knowledge of language

Post by palaremzi » Tue May 19, 2015 4:42 am

Think I've found a relevant explanation in this guide
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... r_2015.pdf

On page 16 it says: "If you have already satisfied the requirement to have sufficient knowledge of language and life in the UK, on or after 28 October 2013, you do not have to demonstrate it again."

It looks like just ticking that box should be enough.
Please share your experience with this, if you have any.

Thanks

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Tue May 19, 2015 1:08 pm

Ticking is enough but please note your LIUK original letter will not be returned since you'll never need it if approved.

Have you considered using Nationality Checking Service? You get originals back there and then.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

chandu_246

Post by chandu_246 » Tue May 19, 2015 8:32 pm

Hi,

I made naturalization application for my family on May11th thru NCS Wolverhampton.

I ticked the option 'Already proven after October 2013' and said the same thing to the lady who verified my application.She called up home office and asked them the same question and Home office said they already have my documentation(Language Skills Proven Documentation) and don't need it again.

Regards,
Chandra

Sazrt
Newly Registered

Post by Sazrt » Tue May 19, 2015 10:01 pm

This option was on the previous application form too. however when i applied in March i ticked this box and also submitted the English requirement just in case...