ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WORKING HOLIDAY MAKER DOCUMENTS

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

purnendu100
Newly Registered

WORKING HOLIDAY MAKER DOCUMENTS

Post by purnendu100 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:29 am

Hi,
I am going to apply for WHM Visa. In documentation can I provide any letter from relative lived in Uk showing that they are willing to pay for my stay in the UK.
Would it be helpful to process the WHM visa fast?

jes2jes

Re: WORKING HOLIDAY MAKER DOCUMENTS

Post by jes2jes » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:14 am

purnendu100 wrote:Hi,
I am going to apply for WHM Visa. In documentation can I provide any letter from relative lived in Uk showing that they are willing to pay for my stay in the UK.
You are asking the same questions again. I responded to your earlier thread and I will encourage you to post any further questions there and not clog the board :oops:
Praise The Lord!!!!

purnendu100
Newly Registered

Post by purnendu100 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:30 am

jes2jes wrote:
You are asking the same questions again. I responded to your earlier thread and I will encourage you to post any further questions there and not clog the board :oops:
YOUR ANSWER WAS NOT PERFECT WHAT I WANT TO KNOW.
IF YOU CANT GIVE ME THE PERFECT ANSWER, THEN PLEASE DON'T DISTURB ME, WHATEVER I AM DOING.
Last edited by purnendu100 on Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:43 am

purnendu100 wrote: YOUR ANSWER WAS NOT PERFECT WHAT I WANT TO KNOW.
IF YOU CANT GIVE ME THE PERFECT ANSWER, THE PLEASE DON'T DISTURB ME, WHATEVER I AM DOING.
Such charm!
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:37 pm

The fastest way to guarantee that your working holiday visa application will be denied would be to show that someone else is sponsoring your stay.

You are required to demonstrate YOUR financial ability to pay for yourself, not your relatives.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:45 pm

Dawie wrote:
The fastest way to guarantee that your working holiday visa application will be denied would be to show that someone else is sponsoring your stay.

You are required to demonstrate YOUR financial ability to pay for yourself, not your relatives.
Dawie, thanks for this. I posted the following in the thread I refered to earlier but I don't know what else he wants to hear:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=18626
purnendu100 wrote:
Hi, I am going to apply for a Working Holiday Visa from India. My brother live in UK. So, when I will apply for my WHM visa, if I submit a Letter form my brother with his salary slip. bank statement etc. stating that he like to sponser me and he has sufficient money & living arrangement to support me during my stay. Would it be benificial to get the WHM visa easily? Or, can I submit such letter in WHM case? PLEASE HELP...
My answer to him was:
I guess the above will meet the requirements of the sponsor but then what about your own circumstances albeit returnability? Do you have any strong ties in India (Job, In school, Family - spouse, children, Properties, Stong finances etc) that would cause you to go back? If not, then make sure these factors are in place before you apply or you would be refused.
Praise The Lord!!!!

purnendu100
Newly Registered

Post by purnendu100 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:05 pm

Dawie wrote:

Thanks Dawie,

I was expecting that type of clare answer, that I can't show my relative's money. OK. Thanks.
But if you see jes2jes posting it is very confusing. I have not asked about ties in India. One question's answer should be to the point that one can understand.
However thanks for your help Dawie.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:11 pm

purnendu100 wrote: One question's answer should be to the point that one can understand.
One should be a bit more grateful and a bit less rude to someone taking the time and trouble to advise you for free.

It's extremely ungrateful to come on any board and write the way you do, you should be ashamed of yourself.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

purnendu100
Newly Registered

Post by purnendu100 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:27 pm

avjones wrote:
purnendu100 wrote: One question's answer should be to the point that one can understand.
One should be a bit more grateful and a bit less rude to someone taking the time and trouble to advise you for free.

It's extremely ungrateful to come on any board and write the way you do, you should be ashamed of yourself.
Dear avjones and jes2jes,
I am sorry if I am answered rudely. And yes I am thankful for getting answered free.
But in the sametime I want to say I came here for my need. And if I don't get the answer perfectly, I should have the right to ask the question again.
Once again I am really sorry to everyone here for write rudely. And I am greatfull to everyone who helped me to solve my answer.
Thankx.

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:54 am

Hi

Funny that showing sponsorship from a relative would go against your WHM visa. Donkey years ago when I as a teenager applying for a WHM visa, the agency which organised the application on my behalf actually required me to get my relatives in the UK to sign sponsorship/guarantee documents. I am not sure though if they sent this off to the British High Commission, but I know that when I got to the UK, the immigration officer only asked me questions relating to what relatives I had in the Uk, what kind of work they did, how long they had been in the Uk etc. The only other question I was asked was how many siblings I had back in my home country.

I am not suggesting of course that sponsorship documents should be sent with the application, as the rules may have changed since, I am just sharing my experience.
'In everything give thanks'

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:32 pm

OFCHARITY wrote:Hi

Funny that showing sponsorship from a relative would go against your WHM visa.
Will it? Are we now saying that the decision of the Ethiopia case is having an effect on working holidaymaker visas too?

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:36 pm

VictoriaS wrote:

Will it? Are we now saying that the decision of the Ethiopia case is having an effect on working holidaymaker visas too?

Victoria
I do not think so. I believe having a relative or a family member in the UK should be a bonus since in case of any hardships (which do happen) an individual can depend on their family member and not the state.

As I stated earlier, in applying for a WHV, the ONUS is on the applicant to prove their returnability (which incidentally, the OP did not understand but rather decided to be sarcastic :oops: ).

I don't think it has been incorporated into the rules book!
Praise The Lord!!!!

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:21 pm

VictoriaS wrote:

Victoria
Forgive my ignorance Victoria, but what is the Ethiopia case about?

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:00 pm

Third party sponsorship.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:20 pm

Have a look at this thread, where I outlined the AM(Ethiopia) case.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... t=ethiopia

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:44 am

VictoriaS wrote:

Victoria
Victoria, there have been many anecdotal reports on this board of people being denied working holiday visas because of presenting documentation stating that they have a relative who is going to sponsor their stay here, or that they have a job offer lined up for when they arrive in the UK, or even for large sums of money having been deposited in their bank accounts before showing their bank statements to the entry clearance officer to prove they have sufficient funds to support themselves.

Certainly at the British High Commission in South Africa as far back as I can remember the criteria for "sufficient funds" has always been very strict (although, it seems, purposely not clearly defined in writing):

a) You must be able to demonstrate that you have a sufficient sum of money in your bank account AND it must be clear that that money has been in your account for at least 3 months before application. Any large sums of money seen to be coming into your account within the 3 months leading up to your application will count against you.

b) Letters of support from sponsors will count against you because the fact that you need support from a sponsor contradicts the fact that you can support yourself which is one of the conditions of successfully applying for the working holiday visa.

My opinion is that it is pretty clear from guidance notes that a working holiday visa is not a visa for which support from sponsors is acceptable.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:34 am

Thanks for the link Amanda, it certainly is interesting. I suppose im my case I was still legally a minor child and so it probably was not expected that I would have had any substantial funds in my name and thus the reason third party support was acceptable, strangely enough they never even asked for evidence of my parents financial position. But then that was decades ago when immigration issues were not as complicated, I wonder if they would even had allowed some one under 18 a WHM visa nowadays.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:46 am

The immigration regs have become much tighter, and more tightly applied as well, in the last 10 years.

mads

Post by mads » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:13 pm

To add to Dawie's post and confirm. When I applied for my WHV 9 years ago the requirements were strict. I remember having to write down my motivation for the visa and which places I intended to visit.

A working holiday visa is exactly what it says, you are taking a holiday but allowed to work for a period (I think - correct me if I am wrong) for 12 months only.
Partner: British Citizen; Me: SA with ILR (qualified through spouse visa). Updated March 2009 - naturalised.

purnendu100
Newly Registered

Post by purnendu100 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:07 pm

Hi,
A great thanks to all of you. Now I got a huge response to understand that I can't submit sponsor letter with my application.
I am going to submit my WHM visa next week and obviously without sponsor letter.
Thanks for your help, without which I will guarantee the refusal of my visa.
Last edited by purnendu100 on Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:17 pm

A great thanks to all of you. Now I got a huge response to understand that I can't submit sponsor letter with my application.
I am going to submit my WHM visa next week and obviously without sponsor letter.
The bottom line is that if you do not have not have enough money in your bank account to support yourself then a working holiday visa is not the right visa for you.

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Administrator » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:49 pm

mads wrote:To add to Dawie's post and confirm. When I applied for my WHV 9 years ago the requirements were strict. I remember having to write down my motivation for the visa and which places I intended to visit.

A working holiday visa is exactly what it says, you are taking a holiday but allowed to work for a period (I think - correct me if I am wrong) for 12 months only.
To try & help clarify in general,

The old WHM visa had some tough restrictions. Then they were relaxed somewhat.

However, in February 2005 most of the restrictions were put back in place, along with some other new requirements .. giving us the current form of the WHM.

You are allowed to work for 50% of your stay in the UK, and you are allowed to stay for a maximum of 24 months. While I suppose it is possible to work for 12 months and leave during the 13th, such activity may cause problems if you try to re-enter under another visa.

It would be safer to be working part-time (20 hours/week) or work full-time for a month or two, take a month or two off, etc. etc. If you are in the UK for 14 months and worked the equivalent of 8 full-time months, it will very unlikely cause serious troubles.

Best to try & keep a balance if you wish to come back under another visa someday.

the Admin

AimeeJay
Newly Registered

How Much money needed for WHM visa

Post by AimeeJay » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:29 am

Could anyone tell how much money one needs show for a Working Holiday Maker VISA ?

is 4000 UK pounds enough ?

anyone pls answer

Thanks
Aimeejay

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:20 pm

Hello
It would be safer to be working part-time (20 hours/week) or work full-time for a month or two, take a month or two off, etc. etc. If you are in the UK for 14 months and worked the equivalent of 8 full-time months, it will very unlikely cause serious troubles.
I don't think it matters whether a person works full time or part time, a month is a month. It is twelve months only & it doesn't matter whether it was part time or full time work. A person working for 20 hours a week for 14 months would be working illegally past the 12 months point. In my opinion it would be better to get more money by working full time.

On a related point an employer would also be in trouble for knowingly employing a working holiday maker for longer than 12 months, and risking a fine of up to £5,000 for each person they employ illegally.

From AK (WHM, maximum 12 months work) Bangladesh [2007] UKAIT 00064 (12 July 2007)
While Mr Burrett argued that working part-time for the whole of a 24-month visit might amount to no more than 12 months at work, we cannot accept that this agrees with the purpose of the rule. First, in a working holiday which depended on being able to work part-time for the whole of one's stay, one's employment could not sensibly be described as "incidental to the holiday". What is more, the draftsman of the proviso has chosen to express the period allowed in any event in terms of months, and we have no doubt that was deliberate. Decision-makers are not required to add up each day to be worked to see if the total is likely to reach 12 months' work during the visit as a whole: they cannot have been expected to form their own rules, without any further guidance, as to what a working month, or even week was to be.
I read in someone else's post (victorias or avjones) that they know that working holiday makers have been deported because they worked for longer than 12 months. The BIA seem to be cracking down on people working illegally and employers at the moment, and doing advertising campaigns targeting employers. I would expect things to get tougher and enforced more often in the future.
While I suppose it is possible to work for 12 months and leave during the 13th, such activity may cause problems if you try to re-enter under another visa.
On the other hand, loads of people come back on work permits after working for 12 months, or less, on a WHM visa, and working for the whole period. People can even switch in the UK if the job is on the shortage occupation list, and there isn't anything I've read in the rules or IDIs about having to have had a holiday for part of the time.

Sorry AimeeJay, I don't know if there is a specific amount of money that you need to have to get WHM visaa.