ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 FM Application . need some basic advice. Obie ?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

EEA2 FM Application . need some basic advice. Obie ?

Post by chriskv1 » Wed May 20, 2015 1:23 am

As many of you might be already aware I have a pending eea2 unmarried application .
We were going to get married after I was granted the RC but we have decided not to wait further and just go ahead with the marriage.
So I have a few questions :
1.) Do you think my case will be straight forward ?
We have clear evidence of our relationship , our conversation logs , our utility bills .etc But her name is not on the council tax or tenancy agreement (it's in mine and our flat mates name . He works and our property agency told us it's better to keep it that way as my fiance is a student.)

But her name is on all the other utility bills along with mine.

2.) What evidence should I submit with this application, if I am to apply for a EEA2 FM (in case our current app gets rejected )
Should I provide evidence for the whole time we have been together ? Or just 6 months or so? I'm asking this onlu because there is a whole load of documents and the more documents there are , The more questions UKVI ask -_-.
We both speak her mother tongue fluently as well and she's my religion . It obviously is a genuine relationship and it's evident by looking at us tbh .

Just wondering how I should go about making a new application if I am to do it.

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
Mahatma Gandhi

E&OE. I'm not a legal professional.

Obie
Ireland

Re: EEA2 FM Application . need some basic advice. Obie ?

Post by Obie » Wed May 20, 2015 1:44 am

Thought you have a pending application. How come you are contemplating another.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by chriskv1 » Wed May 20, 2015 2:23 am

Like I explained in this thread (Im guessing you didn't read the full post :D ).
We are just being prepared in case our current application gets rejected . Im not going to make another application without getting a decision on the current one.we really don't want to wait for an appeal or anything .Considering the fact that even our interviewer told my fiance : If you guys were married you would have made it a lot easier for us and yourselves.

It is a hard decision but as soon as the interview finished my fiance was pushing me to get married sooner than we planned.
Mahatma Gandhi

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed May 20, 2015 2:34 am

I read your post, but I was just puzzled by you pessimism.

When you make an application, you should be focused on it being successful rather than another one.

Then again , that's just me. I wish you success in all your plans in any event.

Married couple do go through hassles aswell.

I am saying this from experience .

I have dealt with a matter involving an heavily pregnant woman and he non EEA husband , fighting that their marriage is not one of convenience, when the only 2 questions the couples got wrong is giving different times when they shared their first kiss and different time when the non EEA national last prayed.

So yes, no application is straightforward these days .

With the 137 pages firm , UKVI are in effect seeking to make EEA application more difficult .

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by chriskv1 » Wed May 20, 2015 2:55 am

I'm not being pessimistic about it , I'm just thinking ahead of all possible outcomes .

:) And yes I have noticed UKVI is just messing around these days for no apparent reason . But atleast in an application where me and my partner are married , it's our right .

I'm not pessimistic by nature usually , but I see cases that are as strong as you just mentioned getting rejected and I wonder what if that happens to us.

I noticed during this interview that we just had , UKVI couldn't say that we were strangers after looking at all the evidence. They simply claimed that we might just be friends who are helping each other out.
It's clever of them to say that and kind of offensive at the same time .

I was offended with this whole system that they have set up and how they treat people . I felt like their opinions were based on a person's race (I felt as if there's some kind of facial discrimination ) .

This is just my personal opinion :) the facts may as well be different .
And its because of that I seek advice from people like you , Who has the necessary experience to advice and guide someone in my situation . I'm really young and so is my fiance. And getting paranoid is a thing that comes naturally to us :wink:

Thanks for the prompt reply obie
Mahatma Gandhi

gozo1

Post by gozo1 » Wed May 20, 2015 8:28 am

Why get paranoid? Not as if they could do more than just refuse the application? They can't do worse than that. I agree with you, get married just in case, you are not necessarily planning to fail by doing that.it will help your partner enforce her right quickly and enjoy most of the benefits of a FM whilst that application may be pending. I hope you wont need to go through a new application.Try to stay calm, those guyz aren't worth it, if tables were turned and the shoe was on the other foot, they will simply go schizophrenic.You are better than the bullies.

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by chriskv1 » Wed May 20, 2015 1:56 pm

gozo1 wrote:Why get paranoid? Not as if they could do more than just refuse the application? They can't do worse than that. I agree with you, get married just in case, you are not necessarily planning to fail by doing that.it will help your partner enforce her right quickly and enjoy most of the benefits of a FM whilst that application may be pending. I hope you wont need to go through a new application.Try to stay calm, those guyz aren't worth it, if tables were turned and the shoe was on the other foot, they will simply go schizophrenic.You are better than the bullies.
Thank you for your kind words .
Yes , They really are just bullies at the end of the day. Power corrupts I guess.
Mahatma Gandhi

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Wed May 20, 2015 2:16 pm

I think blaiming every time to ukba is not reasonable because at the moment there is wrestling going between applicants and caseworkers. Because of closure of a lot of UK route application categories while remaining ones become exceotionally strict, so a lot of people moving to EU route and most applications based on unmarried partner. So if the caseworker cause delays or use other measures then they are only doing to filter genuine applicant, so to limited degree they are doing right work.
"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler

whale
Newly Registered

Post by whale » Wed May 20, 2015 8:01 pm

@Chrisv1, i told you to keep waiting , you can never tell if your RC will arrive before the end of the week, no case or application is stronger than others for now its all about luck, and the case worker in charge.
i have been waiting for almost 3 weeks after the interview with all the positive comment the interviewer made to me and my wife, we are married couple , we married here in the Uk for over a year we have been living together since 2012, we have all the proof up to council tax etc. what else do you think i should do?
just take your time and keep waiting for the decision. i know its a nightmare for all of us waiting for our destiny to be decided by one folks in liverpool, even when they are 100% sure of the relationship they can still deny and be dragging the case to court just to waste your time and money, i tell you you are on the brim of success.
cheers

whale
Newly Registered

Post by whale » Wed May 20, 2015 8:12 pm

Obie wrote:I read your post, but I was just puzzled by you pessimism.

When you make an application, you should be focused on it being successful rather than another one.

Then again , that's just me. I wish you success in all your plans in any event.

Married couple do go through hassles aswell.

I am saying this from experience .

I have dealt with a matter involving an heavily pregnant woman and he non EEA husband , fighting that their marriage is not one of convenience, when the only 2 questions the couples got wrong is giving different times when they shared their first kiss and different time when the non EEA national last prayed.

So yes, no application is straightforward these days .

With the 137 pages firm , UKVI are in effect seeking to make EEA application more difficult .

@Mr Obie, i found out hat tyou dont like to help me here, i dont know why you are not interested in my own case.
Anyway , i will be glad if you could help to advice me now as the boss @ d top.
i went for an interview over 3 weeks now , each time i called to ask for the status of my application they keep telling me its on going process, almost everyday i called and they will always tell me a case worker is working on it, this application has been made over 18 month now, i had home visit , went to the court hearing case was withdrew by the HO representing officer after 8 month waiting, sent back to Liverpool , went for the interview did very well according to the interviewer he gave me and my wife a firm handshake etc.
My question remain how long does it take to decide on this kind of processing of interview to get RC? when do you think i can challenge this people? pls kindly advice

rajib4u

Post by rajib4u » Thu May 21, 2015 11:46 am

My Timeline
Applied EEA -- 7th Feb 2015
COA with work permit -- 15th Feb 2015
RC -- waiting Anyone with similar timeline should please share... I am expecting to get by mid of june?

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by chriskv1 » Thu May 21, 2015 1:59 pm

@@ukbahunter : I understand what your point is . But it's still quite saddening to see them treating people this way . I know a lot of UK routes have closed but that's no reason to take it out on EU family members . Hopefully it goes well for us genuine applicants .

@Whale : Yes it's true that it's mostly luck . And it does 100 percent depend on the caseworker . Hopefully it works out well for us in the end :)

@Rajib : please check the timeline thread . :)
Mahatma Gandhi

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu May 21, 2015 4:55 pm

whale wrote: @Mr Obie, i found out hat tyou dont like to help me here, i dont know why you are not interested in my own case.
i went for an interview over 3 weeks now , each time i called to ask for the status of my application they keep telling me its on going process, almost everyday i called and they will always tell me a case worker is working on it, this application has been made over 18 month now, i had home visit , went to the court hearing case was withdrew by the HO representing officer after 8 month waiting, sent back to Liverpool , went for the interview did very well according to the interviewer he gave me and my wife a firm handshake etc.
My question remain how long does it take to decide on this kind of processing of interview to get RC? when do you think i can challenge this people? pls kindly advice

I have no reason to not want to help you. You have done nothing wrong to me, so no reason why i should not like you.

If there is something unique about a thread, something novel, which no one has ever dealt with on the forum, then I make a contribution, otherwise i do not.

I can see you case has take a lot longer than its fair share. I will suggest a Pre-Action protocol is sent, and a Judicial review is threatened, as the maximum period is 6 month, which they have passed over 3 time.

Again their is nothing personal, I will love to help every one on the forum , but unfortunately i cannot, due to time and other personal commitment.

it may surprise you to learn that, apart from everything else, the Forum don't actually pay my bills.

whale
Newly Registered

Post by whale » Thu May 21, 2015 10:45 pm

Obie wrote:
whale wrote: @Mr Obie, i found out hat tyou dont like to help me here, i dont know why you are not interested in my own case.

I have no reason to not want to help you. You have done nothing wrong to me, so no reason why i should not like you.

If there is something unique about a thread, something novel, which no one has ever dealt with on the forum, then I make a contribution, otherwise i do not.

I can see you case has take a lot longer than its fair share. I will suggest a Pre-Action protocol is sent, and a Judicial review is threatened, as the maximum period is 6 month, which they have passed over 3 time.

Again their is nothing personal, I will love to help every one on the forum , but unfortunately i cannot, due to time and other personal commitment.

it may surprise you to learn that, apart from everything else, the Forum don't actually pay my bills.

@Mr Obie, i am glad to hear from you. i will do as you said.
Moreover, now i understand why you don't respond to other messages, i am sorry if i had wrong impression.
Thanks for your help here.

pains
Brazil

Post by pains » Sat May 23, 2015 3:25 pm

Hi All, I'll be very very please for some help on this ….

First Question
I Brazilian did come to UK August 2007, then i met a italian girl… We get married on 14 july of 2011; been leaving together since we married, she is working in UK as waiter and me registered and paying taxs as Self-Employed and our relation wasn't going well then we decide for divorce as she has another person now. We got our divorce certificate done last week. I'm very worrying if i Can apply to remain in UK on my own and retain my residence card? Also when i can apply to PR? (if yes)..

Second… Absence???

As i get married in 14 of july 2011 i have been issue if my residence card in 13 of june 2012.
so my ABSENCE was from
28 dez 2012 to 11 april 2013
10 of may 2013 to 15 of 2014
but been paying taxs for all gaps and wife was here working as well...

Any advise pls? :? :?

pains
Brazil

Post by pains » Sat May 23, 2015 4:43 pm

@ Mr. Obie can you pls help me?

pains
Brazil

Post by pains » Sun May 24, 2015 1:33 pm

Any one can help me please…..?

whale
Newly Registered

Post by whale » Thu May 28, 2015 5:33 pm

whale wrote:
Obie wrote:

@Mr Obie, i am glad to hear from you. i will do as you said.
Moreover, now i understand why you don't respond to other messages, i am sorry if i had wrong impression.
Thanks for your help here.

Hi Mr Obie,
just to quickly thank you here and other member on this forum.
i finally got my RC on A4 paper today after 2 years battle altogether.
see you all here after 5 years
NEVER GIVE UP IT SHALL SURELY COME TO PASS

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by chriskv1 » Thu May 28, 2015 5:39 pm

@ Whale : CONGRATS! :D

This is good news. Hope you are happy. Kindly let us know what your timeline was .

Thank you. :)
Mahatma Gandhi