ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online Bank Statements - They will or just might reject me?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

charles789
Newly Registered

Online Bank Statements - They will or just might reject me?

Post by charles789 » Wed May 20, 2015 5:12 am

Hi,
Our banks are either all online or overseas. How does a bank issue a letter validating the statements? Don't they have to see them first? Well, then they should just send their own copies.

Does everything need to be an original hard copy with an original signature? A letter from her employer? A letter from her dad saying we can stay with him? The offer letter from her next employer in the UK?

Do they all have to be original letters FedExed all over the globe? LIke the bank statements?

I mean can't they actually use some of the information ON the pages to call someone listed to verify the content of the document? Isn't that true follow up? Call the employer and the father?

I have submitted 90+ pages to get my wife a USA visa. This is harder than that. Exhausted by the rules.
Thanks for any words of advice or encouragement, Gotta take a break.

Rayking

Re: Online Bank Statements - They will or just might reject

Post by Rayking » Wed May 20, 2015 8:59 am

Yes, everything should be original. well if you do it exactly the way they want, you're confident of getting it even before it's issued. Trying to question what you can't change or doing it the best way you think it ought to be done can simply result in having to do it again tbh. Just plan your time and it's not as difficult as you think.

charles789
Newly Registered

Post by charles789 » Wed May 20, 2015 4:17 pm

Thanks, Rayking for your quick and thoughtful reply... even if it wasn't the best news. I think I have painted myself into a corner and timing is the main problem now. My application is clear and strong but I don't have enough originals and I need to fly sooner than I thought to satisfy a requirement of a university offer.

Can I ask you outright how crazy this idea is on a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 the most crazy)?

I'm a US citizen married to a UK woman. I can get a few original versions of letters to strengthen my package. I meet all the requirements for financial docs. I have cover pages with the lists of documents. Nice and neat.

Today is Wed May 20. I need to fly to London for this unexpected univ related task on June 15th. To get this visa as opposed to a student visa would be such a win for many reasons. If the worst thing is my web printouts of my bank statements... I'm thinking of sending it all in and upping my service to "priority." How crazy? ;-) Thnx

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Wed May 20, 2015 4:31 pm

I totally understand - 2 years I go I was you!

A simplistic comparison (IMO!) of the UK vs USA visa process is that the USA will do 'follow ups' and dig as much as possible prior to making a decision whereas the UK for the most part puts the onus on the applicant to provide all the information for the decision to be made there and then. ECOs will contact people at their discretion - you would be risking you application just assuming or requesting that they do.

Could the relevant banks not mail out copies of the statements required? From what I've read this usually means they send a cover note also.

Ideally everything should be original but if time is against you put that all in writing as to why you cannot provide them.

charles789
Newly Registered

Post by charles789 » Wed May 20, 2015 4:51 pm

Thank you, SoHopeful. I think you're right and the idea of explaining why I can include originals is a good idea. But unless I hear otherwise, I'm thinking it's too risky to submit it this way when I need to fly so soon. IF I can get a refund since I haven't used the airbill, I may fly to the UK for the univ trip using my passport and tourist visa. Meanwhile, I'll get more original documents mail to me. Once I land in the US I can send the application and have another 3 week window... but the application will be much stronger I guess. Will have to sort out the biometrics app again. Tricky.
More thoughts from other posters?
Thnx

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Wed May 20, 2015 6:49 pm

I agree!
If you are able to delay the application and wait until documents are sorted 100% I would urge you to do so!

charles789
Newly Registered

Post by charles789 » Wed May 20, 2015 7:43 pm

Wow! Ok, it is confirmed by the US passport folks... I can apply for a second passport due to this visa timing problem. I can send off my current passport and use a second passport for my upcoming trip. This will give UK immigration much more time to process my application. And I can take another week now to get more originals.

Great that there is this solution because I cannot get a refund of my visa fees at this point "because the completion of the biometrics appt marks the start of processing even though I haven't sent the package yet. Then there is a 2 week window for sending the package after biometrics.

Thanks for the help everyone. I'll go call my banks now. :-)

charles

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Thu May 21, 2015 1:31 pm

charles789 wrote:Wow! Ok, it is confirmed by the US passport folks... I can apply for a second passport due to this visa timing problem. I can send off my current passport and use a second passport for my upcoming trip. This will give UK immigration much more time to process my application. And I can take another week now to get more originals.

Great that there is this solution because I cannot get a refund of my visa fees at this point "because the completion of the biometrics appt marks the start of processing even though I haven't sent the package yet. Then there is a 2 week window for sending the package after biometrics.

Thanks for the help everyone. I'll go call my banks now. :-)

charles
I'm assuming you both live in the US? Whatever the case, it's better to get it right than to rush it.I waited roughly 6 months after I was ready to apply and that was thanks to stumbling on this website by chance and the good ppl on here. My "girlfriend then" would have been refused tbh.

charles789
Newly Registered

Post by charles789 » Sat May 23, 2015 5:52 pm

Oh, I meant to post the rules around second passports. It took me half a day to find the correct procedure. Even the US helpline gave me conflicting info.

"7 FAM 1300 Appendix R"

For full effect, I let you know if it all goes well. ;-)