ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Going to Spain

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Morbeous
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Going to Spain

Post by Morbeous » Wed May 20, 2015 11:45 am

Hi I am a UK national and am married to an Azerbaijani citizen. I am currently residing in Azerbaijan with her although I am registered in the UK. We are exploring the possibility of moving to Spain. I have an apartment lined up and am self sufficient so money is not a problem. What I need to know is what do I need to apply for her to get a visa to accompany me to Spain. I believe that under EU law that this visa should be provided free as I am an EU national. We have a marriage certificate issued in Azerbaijan which is where we got married. This has been translated into both English and Spanish and also has an apostle stamp on it. I emailed the Spanish embassy in Ankara as they deal with visas for Azerbaijani nationals but are not very helpful. First they said the marriage certificate had to be issued in the UK but this is not possible as we got married in Azerbaijan. Also it has to be no older than 3 months. Surely that can not be true. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Darren