ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA3-EEA4 REFUSED DUE TO LACK OF COMPREHENSIVE SICKNESS INS

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

halikarnas
Newly Registered

EEA3-EEA4 REFUSED DUE TO LACK OF COMPREHENSIVE SICKNESS INS

Post by halikarnas » Thu May 21, 2015 8:48 am

Hi, I am a family member of EEA national(my wife is Italian, I am Turkish).I applied for permanent residence 15th Sep 2014 (this is the date my residence card was expired).My application was refused due to the lack of Comprehensive sickness insurance. My wife worked full time for 3 years and was self sufficient later for 2 years.We immediately made a private insurance covering whole family and provide evidence about funding and made a fresh application(joint this time). Last week my wife was called by home office and they said that they were going to reject our PR application as insurance was not covering the previous 2 years. When I applied I attached "Boodhoo Case" and explained to them we should have been entitled to have PR as we have had our sickness insurance since December 2014. On the phone my wife was given two options: refusal or residence card for me and registration certificate for her. So, she had to accept the latter. Yesterday we received our passports back with residence card and registration certificate without any refusal note, no explanation, no info about whether we could appeal or any re-consideration. So, please anyone advice me whether I could still appeal against the decision and if so what are the chances to win it? Many thanks

Universal soldier
BANNED

Re: EEA3-EEA4 REFUSED DUE TO LACK OF COMPREHENSIVE SICKNESS

Post by Universal soldier » Thu May 21, 2015 9:34 pm

I think their decision is correct because all the self sufficiency period should be covered by CSI but not just buy CSI just before application. I know very few forum members got success in this way which maybe because of their luck and everyone has different luck.

Obie
Ireland

Re: EEA3-EEA4 REFUSED DUE TO LACK OF COMPREHENSIVE SICKNESS

Post by Obie » Thu May 21, 2015 9:46 pm

halikarnas wrote:Hi, I am a family member of EEA national(my wife is Italian, I am Turkish).I applied for permanent residence 15th Sep 2014 (this is the date my residence card was expired).My application was refused due to the lack of Comprehensive sickness insurance. My wife worked full time for 3 years and was self sufficient later for 2 years.We immediately made a private insurance covering whole family and provide evidence about funding and made a fresh application(joint this time). Last week my wife was called by home office and they said that they were going to reject our PR application as insurance was not covering the previous 2 years. When I applied I attached "Boodhoo Case" and explained to them we should have been entitled to have PR as we have had our sickness insurance since December 2014. On the phone my wife was given two options: refusal or residence card for me and registration certificate for her. So, she had to accept the latter. Yesterday we received our passports back with residence card and registration certificate without any refusal note, no explanation, no info about whether we could appeal or any re-consideration. So, please anyone advice me whether I could still appeal against the decision and if so what are the chances to win it? Many thanks
What exactly was she doing during the 1 year in question.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors