ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-2 ICT (Long Term Staff Migrant) to Tier-2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kapil121978
Newly Registered

Tier-2 ICT (Long Term Staff Migrant) to Tier-2 General

Post by kapil121978 » Thu May 21, 2015 1:13 pm

Dear Moderator,

I know there are many posts addressing the question that I am going to ask, but after going through posts / their responses and talking to people I am left bit confused. Hence wanted to take your guidance.

Current situation:
I am currently on Tier-2 ICT (LTS) with current CoS expiring on 28th, May'2015 and the new CoS has been issued from 28th, May'2015 till 27th, May'2016. I need to apply for BRP card through expedited root, which I would be doing before May'2015 end.
Also to mention I entered UK on 7th,July'2012 on the current visa, and since then had been staying in UK.

Query:
1. Is it possible for me to change employer in UK, as I get lot of calls from prospective employers in UK. Since I am not sure about the possibility, I never respond to such queries.
2. If yes, under what circumstances can I change my employer? What is the process involved? Who are reputed immigration lawyers to deal to take services in regard to application process?
3. What is the possibility of conversion of my visa category from Tier-2 ICT (LTS) to Tier-2 General.

Thanks in advance for taking time for going through query and responding to it!
KS

akshayapte
Newly Registered

Re: Tier-2 ICT (Long Term Staff Migrant) to Tier-2 General

Post by akshayapte » Thu May 21, 2015 2:21 pm

I don't think you can switch to Tier 2 General within the country since you came to UK after April 2011. You will have to go back and apply from your home country, I am not sure about the cooling off period applicable to your case.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Thu May 21, 2015 3:48 pm

- You cannot change employers within UK.
- If you are able to find an employer who is ready to sponsor your for Tier 2 General, you need to go back to your home country & apply.
- You will be subject to a cool-off period of 12 months from the day you leave Uk before you can apply for Tier 2 General.

kapil121978
Newly Registered

Post by kapil121978 » Fri May 22, 2015 11:13 am

Thanks akshayapte..
akshayapte wrote:I don't think you can switch to Tier 2 General within the country since you came to UK after April 2011. You will have to go back and apply from your home country, I am not sure about the cooling off period applicable to your case.

kapil121978
Newly Registered

Post by kapil121978 » Fri May 22, 2015 11:13 am

Thanks moonlight55
moonlight55 wrote:- You cannot change employers within UK.
- If you are able to find an employer who is ready to sponsor your for Tier 2 General, you need to go back to your home country & apply.
- You will be subject to a cool-off period of 12 months from the day you leave Uk before you can apply for Tier 2 General.

kapil121978
Newly Registered

Post by kapil121978 » Fri May 22, 2015 11:16 am

manci, request if you can also provide your views... or do you agree with what akshayapte and moonlight55 have mentioned?
kapil121978 wrote:Dear Moderator,

I know there are many posts addressing the question that I am going to ask, but after going through posts / their responses and talking to people I am left bit confused. Hence wanted to take your guidance.

Current situation:
I am currently on Tier-2 ICT (LTS) with current CoS expiring on 28th, May'2015 and the new CoS has been issued from 28th, May'2015 till 27th, May'2016. I need to apply for BRP card through expedited root, which I would be doing before May'2015 end.
Also to mention I entered UK on 7th,July'2012 on the current visa, and since then had been staying in UK.

Query:
1. Is it possible for me to change employer in UK, as I get lot of calls from prospective employers in UK. Since I am not sure about the possibility, I never respond to such queries.
2. If yes, under what circumstances can I change my employer? What is the process involved? Who are reputed immigration lawyers to deal to take services in regard to application process?
3. What is the possibility of conversion of my visa category from Tier-2 ICT (LTS) to Tier-2 General.

Thanks in advance for taking time for going through query and responding to it!
KS