ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

questions about EEA(FM) for Surinder Singh cases

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

frustratedbrit

questions about EEA(FM) for Surinder Singh cases

Post by frustratedbrit » Mon May 25, 2015 2:18 pm

Hello everyone,

I am a British citizen who has used the Surinder Singh route to get my non-EEA wife and stepson into the UK under an EEA Family Permit. Now in the UK, we are looking to get residency cards. I understand that I am supposed to fill out the 137-page EEA(FM) form to achieve this. I have a few questions about this form:

1. Does a separate application form need to be filled out for my stepson? Presumably not, and it is sufficient just to pay the 65 GBP application fee, get his biometrics done and fill out section 3 of the EEA(FM) form, but I can't find anywhere that explicitly says that a separate application form is not necessary (and separate applications were required for the EEA Family Permits).

2. Exactly which sections must be filled out? I know that Section 18 is not necessary because of the note at the top of the section. Presumably I just have to fill out the following sections: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 9, 19, 20 and 21? I think this reduces the number of pages to be filled out to 81.

3. According to questions 2.15 & 2.16, I must submit evidence of my identity and nationality. I need my passport every few weeks for my work, and it would be extremely inconvenient for me to submit it with the application. As a British citizen sending information to the UK Home Office, what evidence would suffice for these purposes?

4. Are there any questions in the above sections that I do not need to answer? In the application form for the EEA Family Permit, there were tonnes of questions that I did not need to answer (such as those about the financial status of me and my wife) because I was Surinder Singh, but this was not pointed out on the form.

5. Is it really possible to successfully apply by submitting just the fee and the biometric application part of the form, together with a covering letter, passports and evidence of my qualification for Surinder-Singh status (marriage cert + step son's birth cert + evidence of having moved our centre of life to another EEA country)? How many recent successful cases of applicants doing this do people know about? Does anyone know if doing so has caused delays or difficulties?

Any help with any of these questions would be very gratefully received.

frustratedbrit

Re: questions about EEA(FM) for Surinder Singh cases

Post by frustratedbrit » Tue May 26, 2015 1:24 pm

Is there anyone here who is a Surinder Singh case and applied for EEA(FM) using the new form?

Yasirilyas80
Newly Registered

Post by Yasirilyas80 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:36 pm

Hello
I applied for family permit under surrinder Singh last week!
If your son is over 18 you have to fill out separate form!
If you applied already and got any news from UKBA about your application please let me know aswell as I am waiting so much for my application decision + and I'm very much worried! My what's app no 0044xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Yasir

Note As this is a public forum, I have removed all personal identifying details from your post so as to maintain your privacy & security.

Ref forum T&Cs (click)
- Board Moderator
Last edited by noajthan on Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed personal contact details

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:43 pm

Yasirilyas80 wrote:...

If you applied already and got any news from UKBA about your application please let me know aswell as I am waiting so much for my application decision + and I'm very much worried! My what's app no 0044xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Yasir

Note As this is a public forum, I have removed all personal identifying details from your post so as to maintain your privacy & security.

Ref forum T&Cs (click)
- Board Moderator
Do not post personal details in public!

The OP has not been active in this thread for over 9 months so may or may not respond.

The point about posting in a public forum is to ask questions and/or share advice, safely, in public.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.