ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I travel within UK while passport being held by UKVI?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shyuan
Newly Registered

Can I travel within UK while passport being held by UKVI?

Post by Shyuan » Tue May 26, 2015 12:06 pm

Hi guys,

I am currently in the UK and my passport is currently held by UKVI as I was applying for a Tier 4 student visa extension (due to the extension for my research degree).

As far as I concerned, I cannot leave the UK as I do not have my passport. I know Scotland is "part of UK", however, I would like to know if I can travel to Scotland safely? Holiday's coming soon, so my friends are planning to go there for a 4D3N trip.

Any inputs will be much appreciated. Thank you in advanced. :)

vinny

Re: Can I travel within UK while passport being held by UKVI

Post by vinny » Tue May 26, 2015 12:31 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

aaliya1986
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by aaliya1986 » Tue May 26, 2015 12:49 pm

you will have no troubles in travelling. if you are stopped by the police just keep a copy of the letter from the ukvi that they are processing your application.

Shyuan
Newly Registered

Post by Shyuan » Tue May 26, 2015 4:00 pm

vinny wrote:Tripadvisor.
Hi vinny, thank you for your input, appreciate that. :) and yes, I do aware that no passport is needed to travel from England to Scotland unless certain airlines, but we are going to drive. :)
aaliya1986 wrote:you will have no troubles in travelling. if you are stopped by the police just keep a copy of the letter from the ukvi that they are processing your application.
Hi aaliya1986, thanks for your reply too.

So far I have only two formal letters from UKVI - one is the letter asking me to submit required documents by a date, another one is asking me to enrol my biometric information at a participated post office.

If you ever know, will these two letters suffice to prove that my passport is indeed held by UKVI? Also, will there be any other letters coming from UKVI after I enrol my biometric information?

Once again, thank you. :)