ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying visa for son born in uk

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sana12
Newly Registered

Applying visa for son born in uk

Post by Sana12 » Wed May 27, 2015 9:22 am

Hello,
My son is born in uk and am due my ILR in feb 2016. I am planning to travel to India and apply dependent tier1 general visa from there. Would their be any problem? Also when we come back, and both my husband and I get my Ilr , apply directly for naturalisation for him as he is born in uk or we need to take ilr for him. Would there be any problem?
Any body have any idea how much time it takes for dependent visa from Delhi, India to process.

padven88
Newly Registered

Re: Applying visa for son born in uk

Post by padven88 » Fri May 29, 2015 4:59 pm

Yes.You can get your child a T1 dependent visa in India and once you have ILR, you can if you wish, register the child as British which is an entitlement as he was born in the UK.
Please make sure that TB test certificate for you child before applying in India. It is mandatory for children now

Sana12
Newly Registered

Post by Sana12 » Sat May 30, 2015 11:00 pm

Thanks for your reply. So that means I don't have to apply for ilr for my son and can directly apply for British citizenship for him, also for my daughter who was also born in uk in 2011.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 30, 2015 11:03 pm

Yes, once you have ILR you can apply to register your children on form MN1 as British citizens under section 1(3) which is an entitlement to register. Once they are registered and you have their certificates, you can apply for their British passports.

They do not need ILR to register if they were born in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sana12
Newly Registered

Post by Sana12 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:55 pm

Thank you for your reply. Can u please also tell me how much funds will I need to show when applying from India. I have been here in uk for 7 years now.
Thanks