ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referees

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mitulkumar
Newly Registered

Referees

Post by mitulkumar » Wed May 27, 2015 10:09 am

Hi
Can anyone please let me know if Registered Pharmacist with Indian Passport is acceptable as referee with professional standing for naturalisation

Kind Regards
Mitul

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Referees

Post by CR001 » Wed May 27, 2015 10:55 am

Here is the list. Pharmacist/chemist should be fine.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ersons.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Wed May 27, 2015 11:23 am

Sorry to jump in thread but it may help op too. Is it important that referee strictly insert its passport number?? I heard that many referees afraid from that.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Wed May 27, 2015 12:41 pm

cool mind wrote:Sorry to jump in thread but it may help op too. Is it important that referee strictly insert its passport number?? I heard that many referees afraid from that.
At least one referee must be British and over the age of 25. Only British referee needs to enter their British Passport number. Put it simply:
If both referees are British then at least one referee must include their British Passport number.
If only one referee is British then s/he must include British Passport number.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

sanky_001

Post by sanky_001 » Wed May 27, 2015 10:14 pm

cool mind wrote:Sorry to jump in thread but it may help op too. Is it important that referee strictly insert its passport number?? I heard that many referees afraid from that.
Please refer to Chapter 6 in Nationality Instructions. It says:

6.3.7.9 Those acting in a professional capacity may not wish to
provide their personal details. In such cases, we would
be content for the person acting as a referee to put his or
her business contact details. In addition, if the person
does not wish their passport details to be seen by the
person applying for citizenship, they can omit this from
the form, entering “details available on request”.

Hope it helps!

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:39 pm

Can both referees one is British national and other is non-british national living on same address but knows applicant more than 20 years will be accepted or both referees must have different addresses??

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:44 pm

cool mind wrote:Can both referees one is British national and other is non-british national living on same address but knows applicant more than 20 years will be accepted or both referees must have different addresses??

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:07 pm

If the question is purely on residence address, then I haven't seen anything to suggest that the two referees cannot reside at the same address. They should not however be related to each other.

They will also need to meet all other requirements which are stated under the referees section of the AN form. I'm assuming the non-British referee is a professional?

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:15 pm

Usually its requirements that referee should not be related to applicant. But is that still the requirements that the both referees shouldn't relate to each other? But why? Two brothers, one is British and other is non-british but teacher and they both living same home then can they both referees or one of them can be used?????

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:20 pm

Relatives can't be referees for obvious reasons.

"One referee should be a person of any nationality who has professional standing,
such as a minister of religion, civil servant or a member of a professional body, e.g.
accountant or solicitor (but not representing you with this application). A list of
acceptable professional persons can be found on our website.
The other referee must be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a
professional person or over the age of 25
not related to you
not related to the other referee
not your solicitor or agent representing you with this application
not employed by the Home Office
We will not accept a referee who has been convicted of an imprisonable offence during the last 10 years and the sentence has not become spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974...

We will not accept a referee who is or appears to be your relative."
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:45 pm

Among below scenarios which scenario best meet the referees requirement and acceptable:

SCENARIO 1:
1st referee British national with professional capacity employment and over 25 years of age
2nd referee fresh naturalized without British passport with unprofessional capacity employment

SCENARIO 2:

1st referee British national with unprofessional capacity employment but over 25 years of age
2nd referee British national with unprofessional capacity employment but over 25 years of age

SCENARIO 3;
1st Referee British national with professional capacity employment and over 25 years of age
2nd Referee non-British national but living abroad but working at higher position in that country's government department.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:40 pm

cool mind wrote:Among below scenarios which scenario best meet the referees requirement and acceptable:

SCENARIO 1:
1st referee British national with professional capacity employment and over 25 years of age
2nd referee fresh naturalized without British passport with unprofessional capacity employment

SCENARIO 2:

1st referee British national with unprofessional capacity employment but over 25 years of age
2nd referee British national with unprofessional capacity employment but over 25 years of age

SCENARIO 3;
1st Referee British national with professional capacity employment and over 25 years of age
2nd Referee non-British national but living abroad but working at higher position in that country's government department.
I'd choose scenario 1 (assuming the second referee is older than 25). 2nd scenario is the worst IMO.