ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Set(O)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kani_11

ILR Set(O)

Post by kani_11 » Fri May 29, 2015 12:52 am

Hi all
I have got few doubts in filling SET(O) form and request your help.
I am an IT contractor working via my limited company.Been in the UK for 5yrs under Tier 1 general and now applying for ILR

Q1.
Got assessment letters from NARIC for the (1)statement of comparability and (2) English Language Assessment

I got these letters in Jan 2015.Is there any requirement that this letter should be very recent to the date of application?
In addition to this should i buy NARIC certificate as well?

Q2:
In Page18 - 5.3 Are you working in the UK? If so, what is your pay each month after income tax and other deductions?

I take monthly salary amd quarterly dividend.What should be given here?

Q3.
In Page19 - You must complete all four of the boxes below if you are applying as a work permit holder; a Tier 2 (General) or a Tier 2 (Intra company transfer) migrant – (Your employer will be able to provide you with these details)

As i dont fall under the categories mentioned i left the first four boxes blank.
thers is a fifth box which asks-> Rate of pay for this SOC code stated in the codes of practice (hourly rate or annual salary).
should i fill this?

Q4.
In Page 23 - 6.3 What evidence has been provided to support the reasons for all absences from the UK?
All my absences were family visits and 2 for tourism
what option to chose for this?
Can i chose 'other'?
But it says "If you have ticked ‘Other’ please briefly specify below what evidence you have provided.
Please note only evidence of compelling or compassionate reasons must be listed in this box."

Q5.
In Page 23 - 6.4 When did you last enter the UK?

is this date of my last absence from UK date?

Q6.
In Page 28 - 7.12 Ask about any family, friends, or other connections with that a country

is name & address of people required? or can i mention in simple words how am i realted to the peple in the country i was born?

Q7.
In Page 71 - 12L Tier 1 (General) migrant
For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.

Can i leave this unanswered as my entire 5yr stay is only under Tier1 General?

Q8.
is it mandatory to work in a contract when applying for ILR?
As i operate via my limited company i get both salary and dividend paid(got funds to pay) even when i don't have contract for few months.

kommsu

Re: ILR Set(O) form filling queries

Post by kommsu » Fri May 29, 2015 10:52 am

Hi Kani_11,

Answers to the best of my knowledge.

Q1.
Got assessment letters from NARIC for the (1)statement of comparability and (2) English Language Assessment

I got these letters in Jan 2015.Is there any requirement that this letter should be very recent to the date of application?
In addition to this should i buy NARIC certificate as well?

[color=#0000FF]You are fine , no such requirement.[/color]

Q2:
In Page18 - 5.3 Are you working in the UK? If so, what is your pay each month after income tax and other deductions?

I take monthly salary amd quarterly dividend.What should be given here?

[color=#0040FF]Net salary + dividends /12 = xxxx add there , check below for more information

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 86431.html[/color]

Q3.
In Page19 - You must complete all four of the boxes below if you are applying as a work permit holder; a Tier 2 (General) or a Tier 2 (Intra company transfer) migrant – (Your employer will be able to provide you with these details)

As i dont fall under the categories mentioned i left the first four boxes blank.
thers is a fifth box which asks-> Rate of pay for this SOC code stated in the codes of practice (hourly rate or annual salary).
should i fill this?

[color=#0040FF]Only Tier-2 , so You not required .[/color]
Q4.
In Page 23 - 6.3 What evidence has been provided to support the reasons for all absences from the UK?
All my absences were family visits and 2 for tourism
what option to chose for this?
Can i chose 'other'?
But it says "If you have ticked ‘Other’ please briefly specify below what evidence you have provided.
Please note only evidence of compelling or compassionate reasons must be listed in this box."
[color=#0040FF]Dont tick any thing , if your holidays are under 180 days rule[/color]
Q5.
In Page 23 - 6.4 When did you last enter the UK?

is this date of my last absence from UK date?
[color=#0040FF]Yes, whey you recently entered[/color]
Q6.
In Page 28 - 7.12 Ask about any family, friends, or other connections with that a country

is name & address of people required? or can i mention in simple words how am i realted to the peple in the country i was born?
[color=#0040FF]Not required , just mention family ties[/color]
Q7.
In Page 71 - 12L Tier 1 (General) migrant
For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.

Can i leave this unanswered as my entire 5yr stay is only under Tier1 General?
[color=#0040FF]No no need to answer this [/color]
Q8.
is it mandatory to work in a contract when applying for ILR?
As i operate via my limited company i get both salary and dividend paid(got funds to pay) even when i don't have contract for few months.
[color=#0040FF]Not required as long as your are sufficient to show funds , but provide cotract letters if you have so that it will make your case strong[/color]

Regards,
Kommsu

kani_11

Post by kani_11 » Fri May 29, 2015 2:24 pm

Thanks for your reply
Few more queries,

Q9.
If applied up to 28 days earlier, applicant may not have had leave in a qualifying route for up to 28 days at the start of
Year 5.

while calculating absence days for year 5 (ie. first consecutive 12 month period),should i add this 28 days along with the out-of-uk visits made after entering UK during that 12 month period?

Q10.
In Page 23 - 6.2 asks to List all absences however short and in date order

Should i fill this even if absence is less than 180 days(family visits+tourism). ?

Q11.
In page 39 - B2. Please indicate your method of verifying your qualification:

Though my qualification is recognized, i cannot chose Tier-1 general option in the points-based calculator.
I had submitted evidence as part of previous Tier 1 (General) application.
Additionally got NARIC statement of comparability letter and my Original degree certificate

which option to chose for this ?
Qualification recognised on the points-based calculator.
Qualification recognised on the points-based calculator and evidence submitted as part of previous Tier 1 (General) application.
Qualification not on the points-based calculator, but a UK NARIC letter and/or certificate is enclosed.

Thanks

kommsu

Post by kommsu » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:35 pm

Hi Kani_11,
Please find answers below
Q9.
If applied up to 28 days earlier, applicant may not have had leave in a qualifying route for up to 28 days at the start of
Year 5.

while calculating absence days for year 5 (ie. first consecutive 12 month period),should i add this 28 days along with the out-of-uk visits made after entering UK during that 12 month period?

Ans: No, dont add 28 days in absesnce period

Q10.
In Page 23 - 6.2 asks to List all absences however short and in date order

Should i fill this even if absence is less than 180 days(family visits+tourism). ?
Ans: Mention all your absesnces there , with family visit or personal visit (tourism)

Q11.
In page 39 - B2. Please indicate your method of verifying your qualification:

Though my qualification is recognized, i cannot chose Tier-1 general option in the points-based calculator.
I had submitted evidence as part of previous Tier 1 (General) application.
Additionally got NARIC statement of comparability letter and my Original degree certificate

which option to chose for this ?
Qualification recognised on the points-based calculator.
Qualification recognised on the points-based calculator and evidence submitted as part of previous Tier 1 (General) application.
Qualification not on the points-based calculator, but a UK NARIC letter and/or certificate is enclosed.

Ans: you can select both options(select first two , but not sure about third option ) and provide pbs printout by selecting tier-2 / tier-1E options and UK NARIC certificates.

Regards,
Kommsu

kani_11

ILR bank statement -is stamp or stamp and sign required

Post by kani_11 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:42 pm

Hi all
I am applying for my ILR in few weeks under Tier 1 general.

Got a query in barclays online business statements,

In one month, there are 2 pages in the bank statement and only the first page has bank logo.My salary transaction is in the second page(which has no logo,no page footer with bank address).

So i got all the pages in the bank statement for the last 12 months stamped from a nearby branch.Their stamp have- sort code,branch location bank name and date i got it stamped

is this stamp enough or should i get sign in each page as well?

This branch is not willing to sign or give a letter saying statements are authentic- saying they don't know be in person.

Thanks
Kani

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Set(O)

Post by geriatrix » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:10 pm

kani_11 wrote:Got a query in barclays online business statements,
See Q40.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

kani_11

Post by kani_11 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:41 pm

Thanks for the reference.Its mentions - if electronic bank statement ,then it should have the official stamp of the bank in each page.Nothing is mentioned about sign.

I called homeoffice just to confirm,but the person who attended my call asked me to include in my cover letter that the bank has refused to sign and only stamped.Now i am more confused. Is a sign mandatory?

Another qeustion,
I am applying on 4th sep and got my business bank statements(supporting document for earnings) stamped on 7th Aug.Is this ok?
is there any requirement that the date on bank's stamp should be recent to date of application?

Thanks
Kani

kani_11

Post by kani_11 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:38 pm

Hi all
Request your advice for my queries please....
Thanks