ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how long does it take for the ECO to review a refusal case?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MSS

how long does it take for the ECO to review a refusal case?

Post by MSS » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:21 pm

My husbands settlement visa was refused, and we have appealed with the addition of supporting evidence....how long will it take for the appeal to be reviewed? My husband is in Islamabad...Has anyone found that their visa was issued within 2 months after the case being reviewed?

AksanaT
Newly Registered

Post by AksanaT » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:36 am

Hi
After lodging the appeal you or your husband should get a letter from the Court saying the date till ECO should review his decision, its approxemetly 3-4 months, in my case the ECO had 5 months to change his mind.
If he changes his mind he will issue the visa if not he has to send all docs concerning your husband's case and refusal to the Court. Then the Court will set a date of hearing, so i can say the whole process takes from 6 up to 1 year.
Why was your husband refused the visa? May be you should re-apply than go to appeal.
Good luck to you.