ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch DLR 2.5 Years (First DLR) to ILR under 10 year route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rsjjrsjj
Newly Registered

Switch DLR 2.5 Years (First DLR) to ILR under 10 year route

Post by rsjjrsjj » Sat May 30, 2015 10:29 pm

Dear All
Can you please help to clarify.

My daughter and Wife have the following History

1. Entred in UK in Feb 2006 as a student dependent (I was a PhD student then)
2. Switched to PSW dependent in May 2010 valid till May 2012
3. Left UK and my wife switched to her own PSW then with my daughter as her dependent in March 2012
4. Entered Uk again with a break less than 6 months in March 2012. (During this entire time they had valid valid visas)
5. Applied for DLR (based on 7 year child rule) in March 14 (one day before Expiry of their PSW and PSW dependant status) as my daughter had been living in UK for more than 7 Years.
6. Their DLR application was refused with a right of appeal.
7. The appeal was lodged under 7 year rule and HUman rights ground
8. The appeal was allowed under the immigration rules and they have received their BRPs now for further 2.5 Years till Sep 2017.
9. In the decision the Honourable judge has said that the appellants have been in UK lawfully (i am assuming this is till the date on appeal letter i.e. March 2015).

My Question is

a. Both my daughter and wife would complete their 10 years in UK in March 2016 (student(i.e.me) dependent, PSW dependents of myself, Wife on PSW and daughter as her dependent, and now on DLR (granted for 2.5 years till sept 2017). Can we apply for ILR on the 10 year lawfull long residence. Yes or No

b. Is it possible to switch from DLR (granted under immigration rules) to ILR.

c. Should we wait for our DLR to expire before applying for ILR in Sep 2017 or we should apply straight away as soon as 10 years complete i.e. March 2016.

Thank you for any help that you can provide and apologies for a bit long description.

tier2013
United Kingdom

Re: Switch DLR 2.5 Years (First DLR) to ILR under 10 year ro

Post by tier2013 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:49 pm

You are eligible to apply as soon as your 10 years has been completed.