ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizen's spouse got EU Family Permit UK Visa?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

doncgeorge123
Newly Registered

British Citizen's spouse got EU Family Permit UK Visa?

Post by doncgeorge123 » Sat May 30, 2015 11:44 pm

Hi Friends,

I am a British Citizen and self-employed in Germany. My wife is an Indian and working as a Veterinary Doctor in Germany.
I moved to Germany by Dec 2014 and she was already a resident in Germany since 2011.
April 2015, she received EU Family Permit (Residence Card of a family member of a Union Citizen) due to the exercising of free movement by me.
(We got married only in last Sept 2014).
My questions are

1) If we want to visit UK for a short visit like a month or so, does she need any visa?
2) Whether we are allowed to go back and settle in UK as I exercised free movement for more than 4 months and my centre of life is in Germany. ( We got a rented accommodation and and she is having a permanent job here )

Please guide us. This forum is really supporting the people who is in a doubt about immigration.
Thanks
doncgeorge123

sagareva
BANNED

Re: British Citizen's spouse got EU Family Permit UK Visa?

Post by sagareva » Sun May 31, 2015 6:42 pm

no, she does not need a visa under mccarthy - but you would have more luck at calais than at an airport boarding a plane though

that being said, Home Office guidelines to use surinder singh are 6 months relocation, so you will have a bit of trouble until at least July

legal opinion seems to be that over 3 months is OK legally but not sure how it would play at the border.... because HO people are trained on a "6 months" criteria -- and do carry evidence of your self employment in germany when you go
**Please note, you can no longer contact me by PM because owners of this board accused me of using it to recruit clients, and disabled my ability to read and send PMs.**