ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Employer Switching - New entrant or Experienced ?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kev23
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Employer Switching - New entrant or Experienced ?

Post by Kev23 » Sun May 31, 2015 6:32 pm

Hello all,

Recently, I have been offered a new job from an employer who has successfully carried out a RLMT.
However, last week employer said they could not process the visa application as the proposed salary on contract is less than an experienced worker should be making.

Since I am eligible for settlement (under 10 years long residence) end of next year, I have asked them if they could assign a COS to be validated till end of next year. In this way, I thought I will remain as a 'new entrant'.
Then, their response was that I am over 25 and new entrant salary will only apply to applicants who are being under 25.

My question is, under these circumstances and new rules applied after 6th April, will I not be able to change employer as a new entrant?

Thanks

Kev

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 Employer Switching - New entrant or Experienced ?

Post by manci » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:28 am

the rules for when the new entrant rates apply are in App J of the immigration rules, para 14(d) The qualifying age is under 26, not 25.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... appendix-j