ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Judicial review withdrawn by home office

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

parveen1234
Newly Registered

Judicial review withdrawn by home office

Post by parveen1234 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:23 pm

Hi

I had applied for judicial review some time ago, home office refused flr fp based on 4 year relationship with my partner on the basis she could go and live in India.

In March the day before the scheduled hearing it was costed by my lawyer as home office submitted a letter my partner had written some 3 years earlier saying if she had to she would relocate to India.

After talking to our lawyer my partner wrote a new statement explaining she didn't understand at the time what she was agreeing to and had written thenletter with no legal advice.

We then resumed jr and was given a date for 4th June . However today our lawyer received a email from home office sayin there was a mistake in their decision they have new evidence and would like to withdraw from jr to reconsider.

Why would they withdraw so close to the court date ? And does this sound like a good outcome or bad ?

We are unsure if we should agree to allow them to withdraw as we waited a long time for this

Thanks