ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ilr

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rsb68

Ilr

Post by rsb68 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:20 pm

I came in UK on 22/07/2007 as dependant of my father who was student that time with my mother and elder brother.In July 2008 I became dependent of tier 1 points base system.In March 2014 my father got Ilr on bases of 10 years long residency.My Brother also got ILR on set (f).Me and my mother switch to flr(m) for 02 year.I also applied set(f)but it was refused because both parents were not settled in UK.
Me and my mother is comes under transitional arrangements of part 8 of immigration rules. So now as per immigration rules her time spent as PBS dependant and Time spent as FLR M can be combined which makes her eligible to granted ILR.
But She is not passing Life in UK test.
My enquiry is can I apply ILR on my bases.What form can I use.My age is 16 years and 5 months. Senior please advice.

rsb68

Ilr as dependant of long resident

Post by rsb68 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:28 pm

I am dependant of my father with my mother on FLR (m)visa.my history is as below:-
came in UK on 22/07/2007 as dependant of my father who was student that time with my mother and elder brother.In July 2008 I became dependent of tier 1 points base system.In March 2014 my father got Ilr on bases of 10 years long residency.My Brother also got ILR on set (f).Me and my mother switch to flr(m) for 02 year.I also applied set(f)but it was refused because both parents were not settled in UK.
Me and my mother is comes under transitional arrangements of part 8 of immigration rules. So now as per immigration rules her time spent as PBS dependant and Time spent as FLR M can be combined which makes her eligible to granted ILR.
But She is not passing Life in UK test.
My enquiry is can I apply ILR on my bases.What form can I use.My age is 16 years and 5 months.

vinny

Re: Ilr as dependant of long resident

Post by vinny » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:53 pm

No. I think that your ILR is still dependent on your mother.
You should both continue to extend on FLR(M), if she isn't yet eligible for SET(M).

Was your brother born in the UK?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rsb68

Post by rsb68 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:15 pm

vinny wrote:No. I think that your ILR is still dependent on your mother.
You should both continue to extend on FLR(M), if she isn't yet eligible for SET(M).

No he came with me but he became over 18 and applied set f because he couldn't do flr m with us.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:17 pm

He was lucky!
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

H_sil26
Newly Registered

Post by H_sil26 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:57 pm

rsb68 wrote:
vinny wrote:No. I think that your ILR is still dependent on your mother.

No he came with me but he became over 18 and applied set f because he couldn't do flr m with us.
Wow your brother has been lucky!
I'm also in the same situation I've turned 18 but my mum got old through long residency and I am considering doing SET F as dependent.
Can you tell me did your brother apply for any other visa when your father got ILR or was he still on his tier 1 dependent when he was granted ILR or did he apply same time as your dad.