ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - passport expires soon, but need to travel.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PazCS
Newly Registered

ILR - passport expires soon, but need to travel.

Post by PazCS » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:44 pm

Hi everyone.

My passport is due to expire in 2 months time and I've just found out I need to go to Japan for a family thing just before its due to expire, so I'll need to renew it or I'll be refused entry to Japan as I don't have 6 months validity left. Thing is I have the older ILR sticker in my passport and don't have the newer biometric card and I'm not sure I'll have time to transfer my ILR to the card in time for travel.

Will I be allowed to travel and re-enter the UK if I carry both my old passport with the ILR sticker and my new passport? Or will I have to apply for the new biometric permit?

I'd check the website but for some reason it's not agreeing with my laptop right now.

Thanks for your help.
Paz.