ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone had a reply using the UKF form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Yanni
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Anyone had a reply using the UKF form

Post by Yanni » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:20 pm

just wanted to if anyone as done the UKF form 'registering as a British citizen' an got a response. been 3 weeks still ain't got an acknowledgement letter.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Anyone had a reply using the UKF form

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:27 pm

There has only been one other member on the forum asking about this type of application. It is a new application so people might not know about it.

There is likely a backlog from beginning of April with a rush of applications before the fee increases.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:30 pm

Please click here for other members applying through UKF.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:40 pm

Thank you fwd079 for finding the thread :D
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

paul29
Newly Registered

Post by paul29 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:19 pm

My UKF form was received at the Home Office 27th April so 44 days and counting for me (only 30 working days though :) ).

No acknowledgement received yet. No fee debited either although it is a section 4G application where there is no fee other than ceremony fee so it could be that this kind of application doesn't follow the same steps as MN1 applications.

I did call the helpline number printed on my NCS confirmation paper yesterday but it was a bit of a disappointment. A straight to the point recorded message saying "if you applied less than 6 months ago, we can't help you".

So back to my daily routine of checking my bank and hunting around for news of anybody reporting any kind of progress.

bfrenchfry

Post by bfrenchfry » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:49 pm

I'm fairly close to Paul29. Mine was received according to postal tracking on April 29th, so tomorrow is 6 weeks without any acknowledgement email or mailed letter and no fee deduction. Really just keep hoping that since it's only a ceremony fee they just charge when they approve and it won't take 6 months.

I emailed before and got the standard:

You should receive an acknowledgement within six weeks. If you have not received an acknowledgement within eight weeks please email us at: FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk giving your full name date of birth and address.

But I've heard that email is just as useless as everyone else. I just wish I had some assurance they have it other than the tracking info

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:35 pm

CR001 wrote:Thank you fwd079 for finding the thread :D
Welcome CR001.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.