ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - English Language requirement Application form 05/2015

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ypkr
Newly Registered

ILR - English Language requirement Application form 05/2015

Post by ypkr » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:33 am

Hi All,

I am planning for ILR - SET(0) next month and have noticed that the application form changed (new 05/2015).
For English Language requirement for Me and Spouse, I have seen this which contradicts to my understanding and previous application made by other people (using form before 05/2015)
(I am trying to paste the part of application which talks about 'Degree taught in English')
on page 16/84,
An academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Master's degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:
..UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English; or
..the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country (other than Canada)

When applying for initial application, I have used Degree Taught in English document and also Print our of Points based self-assessment, which has my University listed.
But now, the requirement to prove seems to have changed.
Is it mandatory to submit NARIC certification for both me and partner ? Is Degree certification and 'degree taught in English' not enough to prove ourselves ?
Please help us out.
Thanks in advance.

Sameer81
Newly Registered

Re: ILR - English Language requirement Application form 05/2

Post by Sameer81 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:11 pm

Hi,
UK NARIC certificate is not required.
Please follow this thread-
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 84042.html

ypkr
Newly Registered

Post by ypkr » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:56 am

Thanks Sameer.
That was more in the lines of IELTS (or test taken previously)

Posted my question to Ukba and got following reply (anyone else having exact problem can get some clarification)

The Home Office will accept a PBS printout providing you score 10 points. You should enter the calc as Tier 2 general (even if you were not) and skip to the English language section. You should submit this along with your original degree certificate.

UKNARIC update the calculator on behalf of the Home Office and therefore if your degree scores 10 points, then this has been deemed by UKNARIC to be comparable to a UK degree and that it was taught in English.

You will not need a UKNARIC assessment, unless your degree does not score the 10 points required.

I hope this clarifies

Thanks,

kirs
Newly Registered

Post by kirs » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:22 am

Thanks a lot,

This was really useful, I had the same doubt.
Could you send me the ukba email/link to post questions (I have some questions for them on continuous residence)
I could only find this link http://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi/visas-and-settlement that gives contact phone number

Regards
Kiran

ypkr
Newly Registered

Post by ypkr » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:59 am

Hi Kiran,

You can mail to "Knowledge Of Life Policy Queries" <KnowledgeOfLifePolicyQueries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk>.
Fortunately they are very quick in answering and clear.

Thanks,
Praveen

kirs
Newly Registered

Post by kirs » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:52 am

Thanks again Praveen.

engrwaq
Newly Registered

Post by engrwaq » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:19 am

Hello friends

I really need your help to sort this out.

The new ILR application asks for NARIC confirmation if you are using degree to meet English language requirement

My degree in civil engineering 2002 now do not give me 10 points on PBS calculator. Alternatively I submitted it online to NARIC FOR assessment. They declared it to be level B1 saying it does not meet standard set for C1

Please advise what should I do

I have seen some fellows saying they have got 10 points for Degree and someone has also got it
RE-ASSESSED from NARIC.

In last three applications including last application for further leave to remain (filed in June 2014) I was always given 10 points for English language based on my degree and letter from uni.

Share your view guys please who have gone though this process.

Many thanks in advance and stay blessed