ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family UK Visitor Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sunny1988
Newly Registered

Family UK Visitor Visa

Post by sunny1988 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:07 pm

Hello,

I am planning to call my Mother in law and brother in law to UK as my wife is expecting a baby in coming September. I am holding 5 year ICT UK Visa and being temporary resident.

While looking through the "type of Visas" I sroll down which output different categories of visitor visa so I thought to selecting Family Visitor Visa which is for close family members . Please clarify ?

Secondly , please confirm about the Documents I need to send to them to call them in UK for their stay here with me.

There are good/enough funds available in my Mother-in-law India bank account to support themselves.

> Do I need to obtain any Invitation letter , if yes how to do that?
> Do I need to provide any Bank Statements from here, if yes how many months , limit of funds etc.

Please provide me as much as information to proceed with applications.

Your immediate and prompt response will be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Mayank

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Family UK Visitor Visa

Post by moonlight55 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:26 pm

Family visitor is only for permanently settled residents. In your case, they need to apply for a standard visitor visa. All the visa details and documentation needed are available at:
https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/overview

sunny1988
Newly Registered

Post by sunny1988 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:34 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your prompt response.

My only concern is there is no category for "standard visitor visa". Either you could apply under "general visitor visa" or "family visitor visa" and information in your link says they both are replaced by "standard visitor visa".

Please comment in this regard.

Kind Regards,
Mayank Mehta

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:37 pm

it should be general visitor
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:53 pm

Both "Family" and "General" visit visas were replaced by "Standard" category from 24th April 2015.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:46 pm

As vinny said, home office has recently consolidated all the short-term visas into one.

sunny1988
Newly Registered

Post by sunny1988 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:10 pm

Thanks all for your valuable and helpful responses.

My Mother in law and brother in law got their Visa in Hand on Friday in India to come over to UK. There is a slight typo in my Brother in law last name on the visa received. It is JAIYLY instead of JAITLY, only T differs. Could you please confirm if thats gonna be a issue to travel to UK and cause any issues during Immigration check in UK or if it would need to be correct , please suggest who should we report back if correction is mandatory ?

Did you come across any such issues in past, if yes please suggest for resolution asap.

Your Quick Response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.