ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 Years or 3 Years, Which one is better?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

theprideofpak

5 Years or 3 Years, Which one is better?

Post by theprideofpak » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:13 am

Hello
My wife have been in the country since June 2010, we were married outside the UK.
She is due to apply for BC end of June. If I received my citizenship before she apply, which route should I apply for her? 5 years or 3 years married to BC?
I meant to say which route has its benefits? Does 3 years applications processed earlier than then 5 years ones or it just doesn't make any difference? May be 3 years applications are not under strict checking etc? What you guys think?

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: 5 Years or 3 Years, Which one is better?

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:36 am

Once you have BC, your wife can apply under the 3 year rule assuming she meets all the standard requirements, English language, absences etc. The 3 year applications aren't processed any more speedily than the 5 year ones and are subject to the same checks.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

zeusmagnanimous

Re: 5 Years or 3 Years, Which one is better?

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:45 am

Technically its all the same.
My wife was qualifying on both 3 and 5 years basis. In the end we applied under 3 year basis because I thought that would make a stronger case ..... that was just my perception, there is no reasoning behind it. In retrospect I think its all the same and makes no difference.