ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying through an agency?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mjwall

Applying through an agency?

Post by mjwall » Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:33 pm

Hi all.

I have decided to start investigating and research about the HSMV here in London. First some background ...

I am Australian, and have been with my g/f for 5 years. I have been living in London on the 'Working Holidaymaker Visa' for 18 months. These visa's expire in mid-March 2005.

We both have university degrees in Computer Science. By March 2005 we will be able to prove that we have been living together for two years (back in Australia we did not live together). So yes, my g/f will be my spouse on the HSWV.

With regards to points, I have just done the workpermit.com calculator and the results are as follows:

5 points for being under 28
15 points for your qualification
35 points for work experience
25 points for earning power
10 points for spouse's or partner's achievements
0 points for achievements
0 points for HSMP priority application
90 total points

So clearly, I am able to apply.

Now my question is ... do we apply on our own (£150 application fee), so do we pay a compnay like 1st Contact, Global Visa's, DMS SP, Value Visa's to do the application?

Hands up those who have done it through a company similar to that mentioned above and succeded, and hands up those of you wo have applied yourselves and recieved the HSMV.

I have got all original paperwork : work contracts, references, pay sips, degrees, bills, bank statements etc.

Would be nice to hear from some people that have been in this situation in the UK.

Looking forward to participating in the forum over the course of the next 6 months.

Kindest regards,

Matt

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:50 pm

No need to use a consultant if your case is straight forward - which it appears to be.

Good Luck -

.... I would not give a XXXX for.......a pint of Castlemaine
Where there is a will there is a way.