ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Buying extra leave/Changing employer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mhib
New Zealand

Buying extra leave/Changing employer

Post by mhib » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:27 pm

Hi,

i am in the UK on a tier 2 restricted Visa, granted earlier this year. I have 2 separate questions in regards to my visa conditions.

- My employer offers the ability to buy extra leave balance while secrificing part of the take home pay. am I eligible to apply for this? It will effect my take home pay, but I will remain higher than the cutoff pay level for my job.

- If another company expressed an interest in hiring me would I be able to change employee and move to a different COS and visa? Would I have to go back to my home country? Also how do you define a home country? I am an NZ citizen, and therefore I am eligible to live in NZ, or Australia. I am also able to stay in Sweden for a year (will I be reable to apply for there in that case?).

mhib
New Zealand

Re: Buying extra leave/Changing employer

Post by mhib » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:25 pm

Anyone has a suggestion on my questions above?

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Buying extra leave/Changing employer

Post by manci » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:31 pm

mhib wrote:Hi,

i am in the UK on a tier 2 restricted Visa, granted earlier this year. I have 2 separate questions in regards to my visa conditions.

- My employer offers the ability to buy extra leave balance while secrificing part of the take home pay. am I eligible to apply for this? It will effect my take home pay, but I will remain higher than the cutoff pay level for my job.
read 26.16-26.22 in the sponsor guidance:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _v_1_1.pdf
If the extra leave is not unpaid leave in excess of 30 days and your reduced salary is still at or above the appropriate level for the job SOC code IMHO this will not be a problem but the sponsor has to report the salary reduction to UKVI

- If another company expressed an interest in hiring me would I be able to change employee and move to a different COS and visa? Would I have to go back to my home country?
you can make a change of employment application in-country with an unrestricted CoS

Also how do you define a home country? I am an NZ citizen, and therefore I am eligible to live in NZ, or Australia. I am also able to stay in Sweden for a year (will I be reable to apply for there in that case?).
If you choose to apply from outside the UK you'll need a restricted CoS and will have to apply for entry clearance. You can apply from your country of nationality or from another country where you are resident (not visitor)