ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Test !

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

UK007
Mood:
United Kingdom

English Test !

Post by UK007 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:04 pm

Hi, end Of October I am applying FLR (FP) Including my wife as dependant to close the gap of 1 month 22 days for 10 years long residence. End of December, it will be exactly 10 years for me. According to HO I can apply for ILR 28 days before 10 Years period, so I can officially apply for ILR on first week of December.

What I understand is - When I make a new application for my ILR on 10 years long residence, my Wife has to apply for FLR (FP) separately as I can't include her on my SET (LR) and She needs a English language certificate for applying. By visiting TrinityCollege website, I found they do 2 different kind of tests, one is "Spouses and Partners visa – Speaking & Listening (CEFR A1)" & another one is "Indefinite leave to remain (to settle) or citizenship visa – Speaking & Listening (CEFR B1)"

My question is - can she do B1 now so that she can use the same certificate when she will qualify for her 10 years long residence within next 2 years ? Also does she need to do some practices or buy any book for taking this test ?

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: English Test !

Post by SSWSZ » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:53 pm

Yes she can use the same certificate if the home office accept that test centre at the time of her ilr .
Trinity college test is very very simple only 5 min speaking and 5 min listening and speaking on their topic . No need to buy books
ss