ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PPRON METHOD PLUS ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Yasmin
Newly Registered

PPRON METHOD PLUS ILR

Post by Yasmin » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:53 pm

Hi All

We are due to apply for ILR after my husband has nearly completed his 2 years on a spouse visa. Although he has been over in the UK since 2002 I understand that once he has ILR he can apply for a UK passport via the PPRON method. What is the PPRON method and how long would he have to wait for his passport etc?

Thanks in advnace for your reponses!

Yasmin

JAJ
Australia

Re: PPRON METHOD PLUS ILR

Post by JAJ » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:56 pm

Yasmin wrote:Hi All

We are due to apply for ILR after my husband has nearly completed his 2 years on a spouse visa. Although he has been over in the UK since 2002 I understand that once he has ILR he can apply for a UK passport via the PPRON method. What is the PPRON method and how long would he have to wait for his passport etc?
No, the "ppron method" is for those without ILR.

If your husband is going to get ILR shortly, then forget the ppron method and apply for naturalisation the normal way.

If he has been legally in the U.K. since 2002 and assuming you are a British citizen (and legally married or civil partner) he does not need to wait a year after ILR before he can become naturalised.