ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply for PR after 2 years EEA-RC + 3 years of Tier 2?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rando101
Newly Registered

Can I apply for PR after 2 years EEA-RC + 3 years of Tier 2?

Post by rando101 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:41 pm

Can I add my 3 years under "Tier 2" and the 2 years EEA Residence Card (EEA-family member) to in order to get the 5 years required for PR?

History
Oct/2007 - Dez/2009 = (2years and 2months) Tier 4 as main applicant
Aug/2010 - Aug/2013 = (3years) Tier 2 as main applicant. Croatian spouse (before Croatia joined the EU) was issued Tier 2 as my dependant.
Jul/2013 - Jul/2018 = EEA RC as spouse of main applicant. After Croatia joined the EU, instead of renewing my Tier 2 I opted to be my spouse's dependant and apply for EEA RC

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: Can I apply for PR after 2 years EEA-RC + 3 years of Tie

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:50 pm

NO. Because tier 2 relates to Uk pbs system but EEA RC relates to EU directive and the time spent on each route is not transferable into other one. Moreover, both routes leads to settlement (PR/ILR) after 5 years as long as the relevant requirements have been fulfilled.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

rando101
Newly Registered

Re: Can I apply for PR after 2 years EEA-RC + 3 years of Tie

Post by rando101 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:00 pm

sheraz7 wrote:NO. Because tier 2 relates to Uk pbs system but EEA RC relates to EU directive and the time spent on each route is not transferable into other one. Moreover, both routes leads to settlement (PR/ILR) after 5 years as long as the relevant requirements have been fulfilled.
Thank you. Honestly I did suspect that would be the case but just wanted a second opinion.

I really messed it up when I didn't renew my Tier 2 back in 2013. By now I'd already be in line to apply for ILR :(