ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Civil Claim agianst Home Office

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Being Immigrant
Newly Registered

Civil Claim agianst Home Office

Post by Being Immigrant » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:49 pm

Hi

Has anyone in this forum made a civil claim against Home Office to recover damages caused by their immigration decision? Grateful if you can provide some information from the knowledge and/or experience you have regariding this matter.

Kind regards,

Obie
Ireland

Re: Civil Claim agianst Home Office

Post by Obie » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:08 am

What immigration decision was it and what damage was caused
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Being Immigrant
Newly Registered

Post by Being Immigrant » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:59 pm

Myself (non-EU) and my partner (EU), Home Office frustrated our wedding and stopped us from getting married. We had spent a fortune on organising our wedding. We wish to recover those costs along claimimg damages for distress caused to us and our guests. They accused us of entering into a sham marriage. The appeal is now in the first-tier tribunal.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:44 pm

What is your current visa status?

You need to provide a full breakdown of your immigration history. There is too little info to go on.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Being Immigrant
Newly Registered

Post by Being Immigrant » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:22 pm

I was on student visa and then on PSW. My PSW was valid when went to register our marriage. Immigration Enforcemnet officers who stopped us from getting married curtailed my leave to remain. At present I dont have any visa. My appeal is in the First-tier tribunal. And that is my immigration history.