ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born in UK while parents ILR application with UKBA

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pravachangupta
Newly Registered

Child born in UK while parents ILR application with UKBA

Post by pravachangupta » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:04 pm

Hi All,

Firstly I would like to thanks everyone who participate and help so many people who are looking for help. I always get help from this board.

This is my first post since I always get info from other discussion and this time also got maximum information but I need only few clarification.

I and my wife both applied for ILR on 10th Feb 2015 and we got it stamped on 12th May 2015 but in between we blessed with a baby boy on 7th March 2015. Now as per my understanding after reading different post like http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 56127.html
I need to fill up MN1 form but as asked in this post also what will be the Nationality of my child, I mean he will not be Stateless but should I fill my Nationality (i.e. Indian) for him too in MN1 form though he doesn't have any Passport.

I also need to clarify that list of documents below should be sufficient to be send along with MN1 form:

1. Child Birth Certificate (original)
2. MY ILR approval letter (original)
3. My ILR BRP and Passport (Xerox copy)
4. MN1 application form with a pasted child photo on it
5. Payment detail page of fee leaflet

Please let me know if my understanding is correct.
Thanking in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child born in UK while parents ILR application with UKBA

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:39 pm

The child is not stateless, the child assumes the nationality of the parents so you put Indian. You don't need your ILR letter, BRP and Passport is sufficient.

Citizenship FAQs - Children
Q2: Which documents are needed for registration as BC?

If applying under section 1(3) (child born in the UK to parents who now at least one parent holds ILR), the following documents are required:

- Original full UK birth certificate for the child (with the ILR parent named on it).
- Original child passport (if has one).
- Parent's passport showing ILR / BRP. (photocopies of all pages are accepted)
- Marriage certificate (if child born before 2006).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.