ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is Help To Buy considered as public fund?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jai23155
United Kingdom

Is Help To Buy considered as public fund?

Post by jai23155 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:08 pm

Hi, I am on Tier 2 visa in Scotland and I recently got my Help To Buy application approved. I am wondering if the Help To Buy is counted as public fund. If it does I may have a problem with my ILR application next year. Can someone please advise? TIA

FYI - Help To Buy is interest free in Scotland for a maximum of 40years.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Is Help To Buy considered as public fund?

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:09 pm

No it isn't.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

jai23155
United Kingdom

Post by jai23155 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:59 pm

Do you mean to say I can say NO to the question 'Are you currently receiving or have you ever received public funds in the UK?' in my application form?

I checked with local Help To Buy agent (Grampian Housing), they went back to Scottish govt who now asked for copy of my visa. Lets see what happens.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:55 am

Casa meant no, as in no it is not considered a public fund.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:27 pm

Exactly. Thanks Amber.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

jai23155
United Kingdom

Post by jai23155 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:49 am

Thanks for your time. Yeah I got that. Cheers

docviv1
Newly Registered

Post by docviv1 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:38 pm

@jai23155
Are you eligible to get help to buy on tier 2 visa? I'm in a similar situation, my HTB equity loan has been approved and the whole deal is through a mortgage broker. I'm not sure if he ever mentioned about my visa status to the authority. I'm going to call them to confirm. I could not find any condition based on visa restricting me not to get HTB scheme though. I assume, on a tier 2 visa we are eligible to get help to buy? It's definitely not a public fund, clearly stated on some of the gov.uk website. Thanks.