ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Coming back from Holiday week before Visa expires...

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ruaank
Newly Registered

Coming back from Holiday week before Visa expires...

Post by ruaank » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:48 am

Hi all,

I am going to Switzerland in November - my return will be about a week before my holiday making visa expires. My flight back home is booked and paid for - but not on the date it expires, but 8 days later. I couldn't get any earlier ...

How much problems will I get? Ps. I will still be employed until the 30th as that will be my last day at work and when my visa finishes..

I'm scared ;)

magsi23
Member of Standing

Re: Coming back from Holiday week before Visa expires...

Post by magsi23 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:26 pm

ruaank wrote:Hi all,

I am going to Switzerland in November - my return will be about a week before my holiday making visa expires. My flight back home is booked and paid for - but not on the date it expires, but 8 days later. I couldn't get any earlier ...

How much problems will I get? Ps. I will still be employed until the 30th as that will be my last day at work and when my visa finishes..

I'm scared ;)

Well you could be refuse entry in that case, you need to have flight confirmed before your visa expires not 8 days later, since there will only be week left, there is a very good chance IO might ask you about this
Magsi

ruaank
Newly Registered

Post by ruaank » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:15 pm

magsi23 wrote:

I'm scared ;)

Well you could be refuse entry in that case, you need to have flight confirmed before your visa expires not 8 days later, since there will only be week left, there is a very good chance IO might ask you about this
OMG!! This is what I was worried about!!! Noooooo ... Any advice???

I might cancel my trip then innit ..

Crazy_Canuck
Newly Registered

Post by Crazy_Canuck » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:25 am

I'm scared ;)
Apply for an extension before you travel. This will be a tourist extension and you will not be able to work once it is returned to you. Best contact an immigration company regarding the turnaround time.

If not, and you OVERSTAY, then you are asking for BIG TROUBLE.

CC

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:19 pm

ruaank wrote:
magsi23 wrote:

I'm scared ;)

OMG!! This is what I was worried about!!! Noooooo ... Any advice???

I might cancel my trip then innit ..

Problem is not your Switzerland trip but its you leaving country 8 days after your visa expires which will make you an overstayer
Magsi