ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice needed on 28 days gap period b/W visa Exp & New cours

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sh31121990
Newly Registered

Advice needed on 28 days gap period b/W visa Exp & New cours

Post by sh31121990 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:02 pm

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for doing the good work. I am on a tier 4 visa currently in the Uk and I had completed my degree with a University. My visa is expiring on 10th of August 2015. I had offered a place in another University but the course is starting on 21st of September 2015 which makes it more than 28 days between the visa expiry and the new course date. This means that I had to go back to my country for my visa extension. But I want to extend my visa while I am here in the UK. Can you please help me with the options available to me as it is only a gap of 12 to 13 days that is affecting my entire process? Any advice will be appreciated.. Many thanks..

wow99

Re: Advice needed on 28 days gap period b/W visa Exp & New c

Post by wow99 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:05 pm

You can apply for FLR O just before your visa is getting expired. Once you are ready to enroll into another course that is after couple of weeks you can submit and varied your application to Tier 4. In that case you will not have to go back to your country for extension.

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:17 pm

I don't know if this would work. If you vary an application, the date of application is considered to be the date when the original application was made. So, I do not think there is benefit in varying an application.
The author of this post is not an immigration expert. Any statements made are commentary personal opinions and should not be construed as advice.

maxflip50

Post by maxflip50 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:51 pm

i have similar situation above,

visa expires 15 august and new course starts 17 September
my wife (dependent) is pregnant, 9th month due this month, cannot travel by plane

is there any options, please advise

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:57 pm

quantum1 wrote:I don't know if this would work. If you vary an application, the date of application is considered to be the date when the original application was made. So, I do not think there is benefit in varying an application.
How is the date of application even relevant?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.