ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR LIUK Spelling Error

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AravVattu
Newly Registered

ILR LIUK Spelling Error

Post by AravVattu » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:25 am

Hi

I have sent my wife indefinite leave to remain visa by post, the name on passport is Kiranjit Kaur and on certificates are Kiranjeet Kaur. We have submitted original certificate and marks sheets of Bachelor of computer applications. Letter from university has also been submitted with same name Kiranjeet Kaur. We have submitted comparability and english level assessment letters from NARIC as well. Can the home office reject the visa on spelling mistakes? marriage certificate and on my passport as well,the name is Kiranjeet Kaur. Your advise is very helpful to me. We have already inform this to home office.

Yours faithfully,

zeusmagnanimous

Re: ILR LIUK Spelling Error

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:43 am

AravVattu wrote:Hi

I have sent my wife indefinite leave to remain visa by post, the name on passport is Kiranjit Kaur and on certificates are Kiranjeet Kaur. We have submitted original certificate and marks sheets of Bachelor of computer applications. Letter from university has also been submitted with same name Kiranjeet Kaur. We have submitted comparability and english level assessment letters from NARIC as well. Can the home office reject the visa on spelling mistakes? marriage certificate and on my passport as well,the name is Kiranjeet Kaur. Your advise is very helpful to me. We have already inform this to home office.

Yours faithfully,
Do you mean to say that the name on the passport is infact wrong? it is a massive issue in my opinion which should have been rectified as soon as you got your passport. Did you apply for the previous visas using the same name on the passport? Is the name of the passport the same as her birth certificate?

I belive it will be rejected if they notice the difference, in any case you should not be using your passport like this.

P.S: I feel for you. I also have one of these names where "i" and "ee" can be used and I have to be very very carefull every time I have to get any official documents.