ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent residence question.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Snokrystal
Newly Registered

Permanent residence question.

Post by Snokrystal » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:43 pm

Hello everyone.

I wonder if someone could help me with some questions I have. Im Venezuelan born, I hold duel nationality obtained from my grandparents who were Italian. I moved to the UK in October 2009, entering using my Italian passport. Shortly afterwards I started working here fulltime and have done since. I have all playslips since I started work, all bank statements and various bill letters since entering. I understand I have exercised my treaty rights. My plan is to become a British Citizen and neutralize here. After reading lots of information its all become very confusing. After being here over 5 years I believe my next step is to apply for Permanent residence then hold this for 1 year minimal to allow me to become Citizen here?!. How would I go about getting PR status? Does being Venezuelan born change how I get PR or is holding Italian nationality enough to go ahead in which ever way is needed?

Thank you to everyone in advance.

cafeconleche

Re: Permanent residence question.

Post by cafeconleche » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:53 pm

Your status is automatic. Legally, you need not do anything, but you can use the EEA(PR) form: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... orm-eea-pr

You can also just wait the extra year and apply directly for naturalisation. Since your PR status is automatic (with proof), you really don't need the PR card. However, I have heard that having the PR card makes the naturalisation application stronger because they scrutinise this application more than they do the PR application, so it might be better for you to submit all the proof for the PR card, and leave it out for the naturalisation application. The only downside is you'd lose the extra money.

Snokrystal
Newly Registered

Post by Snokrystal » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:06 pm

Thank you Cafe this is reassuring. Ive been reading a lot and got myself into quite a panic at the moment. Ive been reading the AN form for neutalization because I know this is my next step (@ 6 years, wasnt aware I didnt need the PR card (thanks for that) ) at the bottom of the form there are sections explaining what I need to send with the form. SECTION 4 Evidence mentions health insurance or a EHIC. I have none of these or made aware I needed these upon entering the UK. Im really worried now that when my 6 years come my application would be invalid. I have worked for more than 5 years, I thought paying into the system would of been enough?!

Edit. Now looking at the PR form is also asking this

boloney

Post by boloney » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:15 pm

Insurance or EHIC cards apply to students or self sufricent people only. Seems like you was employed so just skip this section. You can send 6x p60's and payslips covering last 6 years and you will be fine with Your application.
Last edited by boloney on Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:16 pm

You only need Private health insurance if you are a student or exercising your treaty rights as a self-sufficient person.
As you were a worker throughout, you do not need this.
You will need to supply 5xP60s or payslips from 5 continuous years to show that you have automatically obtained PR. What you do in the 6th year is irrelevant (as long as you do not exceed the absence limits given in form AN).
If your case is quite straightforward (i.e. obtained PR by working for 5 continuous year) I do not see why you should not apply directly for citizenship, no need to wait another year/spend another £65 on a PR card.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

boloney

Post by boloney » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:22 pm

boloney wrote:Insurance or EHIC cards apply to students or self sufricent people only. Seems like you was employed so just skip this section. You can send 6x p60's and payslips covering last 6 years and you will be fine with Your application.
Reason why I said 6x p60 is to prove that you was in the country during last 12 months, you can use different paperwork for this if you wish.

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:45 pm

Yeah, good point, in the last year you'll only need to prove you meet the residency requirements so 6xP60s will have you all covered! :)
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Snokrystal
Newly Registered

Post by Snokrystal » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:15 am

So let me get this right.
I Entered the UK in October 2009 but it wasnt until April 2010 I found work. In the AN form 1.3 it asks
Please say when you were given indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK. Here I would put October 2009?
Then 2.1 date and place of first arrival in the United Kingdom. Here again October 2009?
Would I need to give any evidence what I was doing during those months without work? This is where I feel I should have had some medical backup. I can easily supply 5 years of P60s and payslips if needed. I start maternity leave today, Since I have worked for 5 years and can prove this, maternity leave wouldnt harm my application in any way would it?
Im also engaged to a British Citizen, now I believe I can apply to become a BC in April 2016 at the earliest since this is when I started working? What would happen if we married before April 2016, could I apply sooner?
Im also aware I need to take 2 tests, Life in the UK and one showing I understand the English Language. I also need some biometrics done. For the tests are there any expiry dates to them? I would like to get these done as soon as possible.
So sorry for all the little questions. I want to get this right. :)

Thank you everyone for all the help you are providing, this is very complicated to understand.

Snokrystal
Newly Registered

Post by Snokrystal » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:35 pm

Please forgive me I actually started work in June 2010, not the April. I still have 2011,2012,2013,2014,2015 P60's.

boloney

Post by boloney » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:32 pm

Based on Your Work you can apply in June 2016

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:09 pm

The difference that being married to a British Citizen would make is that you would not have to hold PR for a year, but could apply as soon as you hold PR.

badratio

Post by badratio » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:28 am

Did you register with WRS (Worker Registration Scheme) when you started working and still have the certificate?

If not then your clock started in April 2011 when WRS was abolished. Which means you can only apply for Naturalisation in April 2017.
Naturalisation timeline: EEU PR
Application date: 17-03-2015
Fee deducted : 24-03-2015
Acknowledgment email : 25-03-2015
Approval date : 02-04-2015
Ceremony: 28-04-2015

haris butt
Newly Registered

Post by haris butt » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:18 am

DEAR MEMBERS,

CAN you please put some light on my case actually im (aged 25) child of eea national currently holding RC which expires oct 2016 . after getting my RC ive been self employed since then and to get my PR i have to financial dependent on my dad :!: dont no how I can prove this for my PR,

For PR shall I applly dependent child 21 or over OR as extended family member (meber of eea house hold ). Because I dont get if I apply as dependent over 21 how can I prove dependency ?

Because in newer PR form it asks about relation to sponsor. Dont understand I choose wich one ,

1 * I am or have been the dependent child or grandchild aged 21 or over, parent, or grandparent
of the sponsor (or of the sponsor’s spouse or civil partner).
Complete section 13.

2 * I’m an extended family member (relative) of the EEA national sponsor, or of their spouse or
civil partner, and I’m dependent on them and/or I’m a member of their household.
Complete section 14.

If i choose option 1 then I there are questioning about ho much money you recieve from eu national (these type questions )etc ?

Thanks Again

boloney

Post by boloney » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:12 pm

badratio wrote:Did you register with WRS (Worker Registration Scheme) when you started working and still have the certificate?

If not then your clock started in April 2011 when WRS was abolished. Which means you can only apply for Naturalisation in April 2017.
What are you talking about? OP is Italian so not from A8 country does't need WRS. It will be better if you keep info like this to yourself instead of confusing people by giving them wrong informations.

badratio

Post by badratio » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:29 am

boloney wrote:
badratio wrote:Did you register with WRS (Worker Registration Scheme) when you started working and still have the certificate?

What are you talking about? OP is Italian so not from A8 country does't need WRS. It will be better if you keep info like this to yourself instead of confusing people by giving them wrong informations.
I made a mistake. Chill out.
Naturalisation timeline: EEU PR
Application date: 17-03-2015
Fee deducted : 24-03-2015
Acknowledgment email : 25-03-2015
Approval date : 02-04-2015
Ceremony: 28-04-2015

haris butt
Newly Registered

Post by haris butt » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:53 pm

haris butt wrote:DEAR MEMBERS,

CAN you please put some light on my case actually im (aged 25) child of eea national currently holding RC which expires oct 2016 . after getting my RC ive been self employed since then and to get my PR i have to financial dependent on my dad :!: dont no how I can prove this for my PR,

For PR shall I applly dependent child 21 or over OR as extended family member (meber of eea house hold ). Because I dont get if I apply as dependent over 21 how can I prove dependency ?

Because in newer PR form it asks about relation to sponsor. Dont understand I choose wich one ,

1 * I am or have been the dependent child or grandchild aged 21 or over, parent, or grandparent
of the sponsor (or of the sponsor’s spouse or civil partner).
Complete section 13.

2 * I’m an extended family member (relative) of the EEA national sponsor, or of their spouse or
civil partner, and I’m dependent on them and/or I’m a member of their household.
Complete section 14.

If i choose option 1 then I there are questioning about ho much money you recieve from eu national (these type questions )etc ?

Thanks Again

guys can youu pleaseee helppp :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: