ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from T2G to Tier 4

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raghu.raju457

Switching from T2G to Tier 4

Post by raghu.raju457 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:31 pm

Hi All I am new to this forum can some one please clarify me and help me out my situation

I am T2G dependent and my wife is the main applicant, her employer license is revoked and we need to find an alternative, so we thought of applying for student visa for my wife. I went and met the university to find out the details about how to apply for visa then I came to know that we have to apply for a baby who was born in England and she is only 8 months old. As I am aware of the rule if some one born England do not need to apply for visa unless until they want to travel in and out of the country, but the visa advisor saying that its changed due to NHS surcharge thing we must need to apply for the baby same time as well.

Can some one please clarify me is the above right? and suggest me some options

Thanks in advanse

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Switching from T2G to Tier 4

Post by sah10406 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:33 am

No, it is not correct. Your child does not need to apply for leave if they were born in the UK. That has not changed.

However, now the health surcharge has come in, if you choose to not apply for leave for your child, they will not be entitled to free NHS secondary health care (i.e. hospital care), because that is limited to people with existing leave, people exempt from the surcharge, and babies born in the UK who have never left and are less than 3 months old.

If the adviser was saying this means you must now apply for leave for your child, they were incorrect. The adviser may have conflated these two separate matters.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

raghu.raju457

Re: Switching from T2G to Tier 4

Post by raghu.raju457 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:45 am

Hi Sah

Thanks your reply

I am slightly confused now that I can opt out my baby not to apply for visa but if I do so is she will be entitled to receive free NHS as she was born in UK

If not then I will have to apply visa for her as well!!..

Can you please clarify one more thing, I am thinking to apply for tier 2 main applicant after a year from student dependent, if my daughter became a dependent of my wife now can she switch into my dependent in country after I switch to main applicant

thanks in advance

raghu.raju457

Regarding CAS for T2G to Tier 4

Post by raghu.raju457 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:33 am

Hi all

Experts need help on below please

Does the university assign CAS to the people whose Tier2 employers sponsor license has revoked . Do the university able to check this or do we need to inform the university about this

Please tell me as I am going to apply for the conditional letter today

Thanks in advance

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Regarding CAS for T2G to Tier 4

Post by sah10406 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:02 pm

raghu.raju457 wrote: Does the university assign CAS to the people whose Tier2 employers sponsor license has revoked . Do the university able to check this or do we need to inform the university about this
It is not relevant.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.