ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cohabitation Address Proof Tier 2 ICT SET (O) Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sidhray
Newly Registered

Cohabitation Address Proof Tier 2 ICT SET (O) Query

Post by sidhray » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:21 am

Dear All,

I have newly joined this forum. I have my ILR appointment on June 29. I came to the UK on March 28 2010. My question is regarding the cohabitation document proof required for a maximum period of 2 years (as mentioned in the SET (O) form).

For the cohabitation document proof, I have my Council Tax Bill dated from 21-August-2013 in both mine and my wife's name. As such, can I attend the appointment on 29th June or do I have to wait to reschedule my appointment till 21-August-2015 for the cohabitation proof to be 2 years?

Many thanks in advance for some guidance on this.

Regards,
Sidhartha

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Cohabitation Address Proof Tier 2 ICT SET (O) Query

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:46 am

When did your wife arrive in the UK?

You can use any documents either addressed to you jointly or in each name individually. As a guide, have a look at Set M Form (Click) in Section 12, there is a good list of examples for cohabitation and you can also use NHS letters etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sidhray
Newly Registered

Post by sidhray » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:58 am

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

My wife entered the UK along with me (28 Mar 2010). I am applying on the form SET (O) because I am currently on Tier 2 ICT work visa and my wife is a dependant. In the SET (O) form, it is mentioned as

"If you have a spouse or civil partner listed in section 2 of this application form who is applying at the same time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form of official letters or documents, addressed to yourself and your spouse."

It does not specify the number of documentary evidences to be given. Since the evidence has to be for a maximum period of 2 years, I was wondering whether I can use my Council Tax Bill which is dated from 21-August-2013. Since I have the appointment on June 29, do I need to wait till 21-August-2015 for booking an appointment to show that the evidence is for full 2 years (I will have to reschedule it from the current date of June 29 if that is the case)?

Another point to note is that they are asking for documentary evidence of cohabitation since I was last granted leave. We were last granted leave on a Tier 2 ICT extension on 05-Feb-2014 and it is valid until 22-Feb-2016. If I take this point into account, it seems I satisfy the cohabitation evidence proof (since my Council Tax Bill is from 21-Aug-2013).

Is this sufficient or am I missing something here? Please advise.

Many thanks again in advance for your help on this.

Regards,
Sidhartha

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:01 am

It is two years counting backwards from date of ILR application. You can apply on the date you have your appointment and you can use your council tax bill of August 2013 and any other documents in both names or single names at same address from June 2013.

Please click on the Set(M) link I have provided for information as it lists good examples of cohabitation documents you can use.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sidhray
Newly Registered

Post by sidhray » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:07 pm

Thank you.

Since we moved location in the UK from Macclesfield to Croydon on 21-Aug-2013 and have been staying at the same address in Croydon after that, I will only have the council tax bill for my Croydon address from 21-Aug-2013. I do have my water bill in both of our names for my Macclesfield address prior to 21-Aug-2013.

I also have my rental agreement for my Croydon address in both of our names from 21-Aug-2013.

Hope that should suffice for cohabitation evidence.

Regards,
Sidhartha